Members Pets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOVE this thread :D

Golden Retriever "Gracy" who is 9 1/2 - loves everybody and everybody loves her

Terrier Mix "Molly" who is 8 1/2; ours is her 3rd home (by age 2 1/2) and she's frightened of doggy squeaky toys. Go figure .....

Cats: Snickers, Dancer and Squirrel - all Shelter cats; Squirrel is the youngest and was part of a family I fostered 2 years ago. I say "I" because my darling husband wanted no part of it and of the 5 critters, only 2 were 'sanctioned' ;)

Photos

Gone but never to be forgotten: my siamese cat Maggy who died at age 15 and Gaby, our first golden retriever who died post-op of aspiration pneumonia on the morning I was to bring her home from the university veterinary hospital in another province. It was a 4-hour drive alone - crying most of the way

This is Chedder. He is 3 years old this christmas.

100_2754.jpg
christmas07708.jpg

This is Sherbert. He is about 9 years old.

christmas07785.jpg

This is Silvia. She is almost 5 years old. She is 1/2 Blue healer and 1/2 Austrailian Sheppard. She is a great dog! Someday I want to build a trailer so that I can bring her with on the riding trips.

1230360413.jpg

This is Patron.(Like the Tequela) He is a Chipmunk that we found as a baby that after a while we didn't have enough time to handle him every day, and he started biting more and more. So then a while back we let him loose at a location quite away from our home where I have seen alot of his buddies before.

100_2712.jpg
100_2728.jpg

And this is one of the many well behaved animals up at my moms farm. We kinda look alike!!

christmas07519.jpg

Carl

1 - 230 pound English Mastiff named Bentley. Appropriately named as he is big, English and expensive. About the most lovable dog I have ever known. We rescued him when he was 11 months old. He was 24 hours away from the needle as his original owners were unable to control him as they had become afraid of him. He was only 170 pounds at the time. Amazing how some people have more money than brains. They paid $3400 for him, only to get rid of him.

2 - Florida Chicken Turtles named Flash and Flipper. They were about the size of a quarter when my sons brought them home. They found them in the middle of the road all dried up and barely moving. I thought they were going to die, but I did the "Good Dad" thing and put them in a bowl of water with some turtle pellets. That was 7 years ago and they are each 8 inches long now. They are supposed to live up to 30 years.

1 - Blue Tounged Skink named Oden. This is my oldest son's pet but he goes off to college in a couple of years and I know who will inherit him then. They are supposed to live 25 to 30 years too.

1 - Southern Toad. This is my other son's pet. He found Jackie, who was born with only one eye (We orginally called her One Eyed Jack but discovered she was a female), about 5 years ago. She has gotten quite big but there are not many years left in her. My son is going to be crushed when she dies.

A couple of dozen Guppies. My wife bought 6 of them and put them in with the turtles so that they would have something to "hunt". Well, Guppies breed faster than my turtles can eat them. Kinda cool watching the turtles slowly move in for the kill. They miss almost every time, but they keep trying.

First, we have Ferrous The Iron Cat.

Why is she called this?

She was a stray running around on my dad's property in August of 2007. When I started my truck to head home, she had crawled up into the fan shroud. Let me tell you the sound of fan blades breaking on a sleeping kitten is pretty durn loud.

Score: Ferrous The Iron Cat 1, Chevy Truck Cooling Fan 0.

BTW - Ferrous was unharmed. How, I don't know, but that is why she is named Ferrous.

And you know the rings off of jugs of milk? They are like crack to this cat. She'll play fetch with them. Darndest thing I've seen...

Ferrous.jpg

The cat at the top of picture is Nikita. She ain't too bright. She's inbred and I'm pretty sure she's retarded. She has thumbs! I describe being around her as "50 First Dates: The Feline Version." Like I said - she ain't too bright, but she is entertaining.

The tuxedo cat is Skully, A.K.A. "The Enforcer." She bullies poor, stupid Nikita. She's from the same litter as Nikita, and definitely got the brains. She's met her match nowadays, though, as she and Ferrous are duking it out to see who is the Top Cat.

NikitaSkully.jpg

I don't have any pets.

I have four huge male boss cat's. Their all about the same age 9 to 10 years.

Smokie, 22 lb Russian Blue who ain't happy unless he's laying in the middle of you. If there is an alpha to the group he's it just because of his shear size.

Stinker, 18 lb Bombay Black who will play fetch with anything he can fit in his mouth. He also greets everyone at the door.

He lives up to his name too, little shit is into everything.

Buddy, 20 lb black mix. Not really a Tuxedo or a Bombay. Mostly black with a small spot of white on his chest.

Then there's Lucky(lucky I took one more in) He and Stinker were strays and Lucky had it real rough before he showed up. Some one had chopped his tail off and he had a broken leg when he arrived. One of his upper K9s was missing and one lower is snaggled. He doesn't seem to hold it against humans tho. He's all black too and about 16 lbs.

Buddy and Smokie came from a shelter.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Athena. She is smarter than me. She is the most spoiled queen of the house. Evan more so than my wife. SHE RULES. Hardley ever leaves my side when i am home. I should have named her shadow.

Bernoodle: 1/2 Standard poodle and 1/2 Bernese mountain dog.

colorado2008006.jpg

Emily is about 7yrs old, rescued from a box dumped in an apartment carport. She is named for Emily Strange. Our female cat is a skilled huntress often bringing her prey home for us. When angry, she snorts like a pig.

MysterySchool12-08010.jpg

Winston (black) and Tommy (gray) are both rescues. The kids wanted to call Winston 'The Evil' but I refused to give that name to the vet for his records. The kids still wanted a mean sounding name and suggested Adolf. We're originally from England, and Adolf Hitler was beaten by Prime Minister Winston Churchill, hence the name.

Tommy has been with us for about 13 years after arriving on the doorstep, hungry, sick and barely old enough to be out alone. He's a people person and manipulates us very well

MysterySchool12-08027.jpg

Siegfried (Siggy) is the latest addition to the family. He's named after the character Siegfried Farnon, in a English TV drama about a Veterinary practice. We picked him out at the Humane Society about two weeks ago. He's a Shepherd/Rottweiler mix and looks as though he will be a big fella. In his first week with us, he gained three pounds.

This summer, we said goodbye to KC and Yellow, brother and sister, who came to live with us fifteen years ago. We were very fond of those two cats, despite their foibles.

Jill

Our boy Dal, Jack, (my our last name is Daniel):

n1468058165_30161415_5616.jpg

Our girl Dal, Sydney, with the smirk telling you she knows she is in trouble, after she ate my YES paperwork:

n1468058165_30161428_3029.jpg

And their predecessors, Pepper and Stevie, now waiting for the rest of us to get back together, over the Rainbow Bridge:

n1468058165_30161451_2941.jpg

All rescue, all wonderful additions to my life. :)

I'm so embarrassed..............

IMGP3633.jpg

you people do this to me every year.

then post my picture on the internet

4 cats,,

Lucy , a black kitten my oldest daughter found. Lucy is about 10 yrs. old now..

Baby , a long hair black kitten that my youngest daughter found on the campus parking lot about 7 or 8 yrs ago.

Fuzzy , a long hair calico ,, a warm December day a couple years ago,, the grandkids were playing out side and came in

and told me , there's a cat across the road in the field ,,, I said just leave it alone,,, The grandkids went home

I went to my Monday night bullseye league.. When I came home I grabbed a sandwich & beer turned on the TV and sat

down ... about that time a little calico kitten came out and sat down in the middle of the floor and started cleaning herself..

I said ,, Honey , what the Hell is this ??? My wife came in and said Happy Birthday...

The little kitten then jumped up on the chair ,, got up on my shoulder and went to sleep on my shoulder..

Gray Cat, came to the house early spring ,,, skinny cold hungry,, so I fed her ,,,, she had a bad cold and was sick ,,,

so I took her to the vet ,,, (dumped enough money in her to buy a new MC seat ,, as with all the cats)

Didn't really want another cat ,,, But won't send anything away cold and hungry ....

Wife calls her Shadow because she always follows me around,,,

I'm thinking about changing her name to Round Cat ,,,, she's not skinny anymore...

I like dogs too,,, dogs are just a lot more work than cats,,,

Okierider ,,, We use to have a Russian Blue named Smokey also,,,, Big cat,, vet weighted him in at 22lbs. use to sleep in the

easy chair for days ,,, I'd check on him ever so often just to make sure he was still alive..

Old&Slow

Thanks for your cat stories. Reminds me of my dad. We were always bringing home strays, and they always picked my dad to be attached to. He always groused this and that about them, but we knew different.

One year we had a classic tabby short haired female that had kittens. When she went away from the kittens (for a bathroom break, or whtever), she would take the kittens and put them on his lap for safekeeping until she got back. One of my favorite memories of my dad is the sight of him doing yardwork in his overalls, with tiny kittens in his chest pockets, sleeping soundly.

He took care of ALL of us... :)