Mesh Pant Recommendations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like my First Gear Mesh tex

Also, look up at the top of this page and click on "Search" and perform a search for "pants". There are a lot of threads on this topic

CYCLEPORT THREAD

After a lot of looking I'am replacing what I have with cycleport. Takes time to get, isn't low cost, looks like a 50+yr. guy would wear--- But, (they say) their top shelf stuff works real well in hot (S.FL.) temps. and better protection than leathers to fly down the highway ah, on the bike.

CYCLEPORT

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pair of Firstgear HT Air 2.0

Lot's of pictures, good prices, plenty of sizes

Here

The standard armor that comes with the pants is OK, but I added these

Knees

Hips

Picked up Olympia moto sports mesh, have been using them for commute but going on a week long trip next week. Just bringing a pair of levi's, shorts and the Olympia's. They have a "waterproof" liner which WILL be tested next week. I have the Airglide jacket which is a great all around jacket. Check it at:

https://www.olympiamotosports.com/airglide/airglide.htm

[SIZE=14pt]Tour Master[/SIZE] Check out there new 2006 open air riding gear. both Over pants and non over pants.

Clik here to go there now

I have 2 pair of pants 2 jackets and 2 pair of gloves, among other gear from them.

And Motorcycle Super Store is great to deal with.

Happy shopping

UnCaged

Cycleport - work great in a very wide range of temperatures. WWW.motoport.com.

Safe to wear over shorts - no polyurethane coating to melt into your skin. Flow very good amounts of air and wear like iron.

Only down side is that the kevlar mesh can be abrasive to the cycle finish.

[SIZE=14pt]Tour Master[/SIZE] Check out there new 2006 open air riding gear. both Over pants and non over pants.
Clik here to go there now

I have 2 pair of pants 2 jackets and 2 pair of gloves, among other gear from them.

And Motorcycle Super Store is great to deal with.

Happy shopping

UnCaged
+1 on the Tourmaster Air Overpant. Got mine from newenough.com. Very light, very comfortable, and very airy. The knee armor is height adjustable. I tried on a pair at a local shop from a different company and the armor was too low. The TM stuff was in a good spot, but I bumped it up just to put it where I wanted it.

FYI, most vendors are back ordered on First-Gear pants until July. I got burned by Chaparral who I don't usually order from. They accepted my order, shipped half of it, which didn't include the pants. I went to NewEnough then, and they were out of stock, pending a July shipment.

IMHO - New Enough is an awesome company. I've learned my lesson and will stick with them going forward where possible.

FYI, most vendors are back ordered on First-Gear pants until July. I got burned by Chaparral who I don't usually order from. They accepted my order, shipped half of it, which didn't include the pants. I went to NewEnough then, and they were out of stock, pending a July shipment.
IMHO - New Enough is an awesome company. I've learned my lesson and will stick with them going forward where possible.

I agree on New Enough - they're very responsive and keep you in the loop. Only glitch I had with them was some information I got. I asked before I ordered if the CE knee/elbow armor would fit as a replacement in the pants, and they told me it would, and that it would be a good upgrade. So I ordered the pants and the armor. Now, technically speaking, it fits, but I'm not sure it would work. Didn't seem to position right, and wasn't as wide as the dual density foam stuff in the pants. Basically, I just wasn't comfortable with it.

Seemed that the armor was way more tailored to elbows than knees. Anyways, not a big deal. Was only $14, so not worth hassling over. I put the better armor in the elbows of my jacket to test it out... seems like it might be happier in a tighter fit jacket. The extra weight of the CE armor seems to put it in the wrong position when I bend my elbow quickly (as in a crash), so my elbow is completely unguarded. That's certainly no fault of New Enough though...

Anyone know who besides Cycle Port offers mesh pants for those of us with 28" inseam. I have a pair of joe Rocket mesh pants and they are at least 6 inches too long. Sure provides lots of ankle protection :yahoo:

I got the Fieldsheer Titanium Air 2 Pant.

I tried out the Firstgear, and the Joe Rocket..but the FS pant is just cooler and lighter then the others.

I think Joe Rocket stuff is over rated and made poorly. Firstgear stuff is good, but their pant was fine when moving, but made me sweat when not.

The Fieldsheer pant feels good , not stiff. You might want to sacrifice some of the hip padding in real HOT weather, as the pads do make unwanted insulation. Your move there, I may end up taking mine out for this reason.

A point you might want to consider is that the FJR does put out some heat around the lower leg area, (even the 06) and "ventilated" pants may just end up letting more if this heat to get to your leg. If you wear high boots, maybe not a problem.

KM

I'm a fan of the Fieldsheer Titanium Air Pants as well. I have the first version that I got at a closeout price from Brockton Cycle. I believe they recently only had XXL. Not quite as well made as the others, but flow enough air, are light enough, and for the price, can't be beat.

+1 on New Enough - one of the best vendors I've dealt with.

I've got the airglide jacket also and it is great - have a mesh Fieldsheer too but no liner - the airglide is perfect with the liner on cool mornings and then take it out in the afternoon. I'm getting their pants this weekend - figure shorts underneath for these hot Texas days and I can just take the pants off and be comfortable walking around instead of being in jeans when it's 95 out.

Saw the solution today.

"Mesh Pants? We don't need no stinkin mesh pants." Just wear shorts and running shoes. :bigeyedsmiley:

When I was driving the car home from work, I must have seen at least four riders, a mix of sport bikes and cruisers attired that way.

I guess everyone's free to make their own choice but that doesn't even give the illusion of protection; it would not be my choice.