michelin PR2's and Dynabeads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran Dynabeads in the front and the back (car tire) for my big trip last Sept. A little vibey first thing in the morning on highway for a few miles, then smooth as glass. I won't be using them again though, I'd rather use weights and be able to use Ride-On in the tires. Same thing, smooth as glass but with some puncture protection.

What was causing the sticking in the front tire? Some natural stickiness in the tire? Some tire goop he used? Something else???
It may have been water on condesation but for some reason only in the front. For what its worth he is not going back to the Dyna beads after seeing that.

I've been using some generic beads that I got from another forum member, and they've been great!
Mardi-Gras-Beads-new-orleans-6548364-2196-1188.jpg

I've used both dyna beads and ride-on . Both balancing methods worked fine. I have settled on-ride on for the puncture protection. I'm rather certain the beads sticking to the inside of the front tire was due to failure to keep the inside if the tire free of moisture when mounting the tire.

Tire weight are unsightly and do have a habit of coming off. There is the risk of some jenork scratching your wheel removing the weights!!

If you are going to use the Beads, don't use ANY liquid type solutions inside the tire. I have used them for about 8k miles and they Did Not Stick to ANYTHING in the tire with the Michelin PR2's.

I tried them.

I hated that they took "a while" to balance out. For example riding at 60 mph, go to pass at 80 mph, the front tire would vibrate as I accelerated and for a while until the beads adjusted to the new speed. Not confidence inspiring.

Now I use the Parnes tool and lead. It is really easy to balance tires and it works.

Thumbs down on beads for me.