Might Build Another Big Tank

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirttracker30

Reaction score
I am looking at ebay in the crashed tank section and I am actually thinking I might do another.There is both gen1 and gen2 tanks for auction at resonable prices. I'm just wondering if it would be worth my time. I would probably have to get around 1000.00 out of one to make it worth my time and effort to the primer/sealer stage.Any interest?

Forget my earlier post. I just realized the listing calls off fuel tank damage, and besides the bidding has taken up too much anyway.

Good luck with this project.

I would like to see the finsihed product on the bike. I would be interested in a tank for an '06 as your solution would work well for me since I ride about 90% of the time two up.

Your tank looks really nice. Read in another post where you thought it was about 8.5 gal total. Do you think you can get closer to the IBA 11.5 gal limit?

Thanks

Your tank looks really nice. Read in another post where you thought it was about 8.5 gal total. Do you think you can get closer to the IBA 11.5 gal limit?

Thanks
Hey Big -B, I am kicking around the idea of sitting on the bike and tracing around where the knees are on the side ,and then build the front lower sides of the tank out to keep the COG low. I don't know what this will gain as far as the 11.5 limit ,but I'll bet I could get into the 10,1/2 gallon range easy.

Hey Big -B, I am kicking around the idea of sitting on the bike and tracing around where the knees are on the side ,and then build the front lower sides of the tank out to keep the COG low. I don't know what this will gain as far as the 11.5 limit ,but I'll bet I could get into the 10,1/2 gallon range easy.
Sounds a bit like sliders, except those would be filled with fuel.

Sounds a bit like sliders, except those would be filled with fuel.
Joe you're always thinking about the upside. :p

I'm just trying to help

anything that can go wrong probably will

eeyore1.jpg

Plan for the best, prepare for the worst.