Mirror relocation needed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred2007

Reaction score
Where did I see those slim brackets that move the stock mirrors outward? I thought I saved the site, but can't find it! I now have some XMAS bonus to "farkle" with. God I'd LOVE to relocate those beautiful mirrors to a "usefull" spot! THANKS TO ALL, AND TO ALL MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Where did I see those slim brackets that move the stock mirrors outward? I thought I saved the site, but can't find it! I now have some XMAS bonus to "farkle" with. God I'd LOVE to relocate those beautiful mirrors to a "usefull" spot! THANKS TO ALL, AND TO ALL MERRY CHRISTMAS!
One of the guys here has made a set for himself, but I am unawatre of any mirror spacers for 2nd gens that you can buy.

If you want really functional mirrors buy a set of FZ1 mirrors and bolt them on. They do look a little like insect antennae, but they are the best thing at showing what you need to see behind you.

Since The snow has started to fall outside, I finally may have some time to pull the panels and see whats involved in making a set. I am still commuting with the bike so it isn't easy getting downtime on the Feej. Looks like Old man winter is going to give me a chance.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Twisted Throttle has some from SW Motech that might do the trick. Haven't seen them on anyone's bike yet...price wise though, a set of FZ1 mirrors is about the same.

--G

Twisted Throttle has some from SW Motech that might do the trick. Haven't seen them on anyone's bike yet...price wise though, a set of FZ1 mirrors is about the same.

--G
A solution similar to that has been tried more than once.

I remember wasting quite a bit of time trying to figure something like that out. <Link>
Follow the link to read about our experience with spacers.

Joe, are you still entertaining the idea of making the shorter version of those mirror extenders?
The beautiful job Alex did on his light mounts raised the bar for me and my mirror extending light mounts.

My mounts showed up in today's mail. These things are almost too pretty to put on my dirty bike but oh well. I was previously using the Top Gun mounts but wanted to try these as they put the lights a lot higher:

Good2Go has all the best stuff on his bike! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed the SW-Motech mirror extenders on my 08 over the winter and just took my first short ride of the year. Since I've been off the bike for the past 4 months, it's a bit hard to compare to what it was like before, but my first impression is that the extenders do help to see more of what's behind me instead of being filled with a nice view of my elbows. If anyone's interested, I'll take a pic or two and post them (after I've read the instructions on how to do that), although the pics on the TwistedThrottel website are pretty accurate.

scmagna believes he will have a couple examples for others to try soon. I'm hoping to get one of his latest, and have also volunteered to connect him with another source to build them if he needs help in that regard. So, hang on and we should have something soon.

You need a design like his, any straight extender (sw mototech) will move them forward more then out do to the curve of the fairing where they attach.