Mission Impossible SS1K

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=12pt]"MISSION IMPOSSIBLE"[/SIZE]
Mission Accomplished.

I met up with Skyway, Bluestreak, and Toecutter this morning at 07:45 - and they did it ! Everyone safe - no LEO love notes.

I'll let them post the ride reports, but I heard about lots of traffic, slow averages, etc. This was certainly NOT a slab based ride.

I arrived at the meet point just after they did - Patrick, their IBA witness showed up (I didn't get his last name) - and signed the witness sheets. I'll let them tell you about a little problem with the final gas receipts.

We all went across the street for breakfast - then they headed for a hotel and a little nap.

Three Tired Guys. I got the impression this wasn't an easy ride - more like a rally than a SS1K. I'm thinking this should become a sanctioned IBA ride.

They're all heading back home this afternoon once rested. I imagine we'll see ride reports soon.

:clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo:
Hal, thanks for the report.

Sky, ToeCutter and BlueStreek, congratulations on a tough ride. Also hope IBA certifies it as the INITIAL SS1K done in CA. You guys are standard setters. Congrats again. Sorry I could not see the end but glad Patrick certified the finish. I was out Clamping with E Clampus Vitus our in Blythe CA.

Get some well deserved rest and ride home safely, of course.

Well done guys!! Can't wait to hear all the details, frustration and excitement! This years killing me with all these rides going on,and not being able to join in on the fun.... all I can do is live vicariously through your events for a while, keep it up ! Way to go !!!!! :clapping:

[SIZE=12pt]"MISSION IMPOSSIBLE"[/SIZE]
Mission Accomplished.

Hi folks,

Hal is right, we got 'er done! Not without a few minor hick-ups, one of them being my battery getting weaker by the hour. Jeff, I hope my order went through for the AGM Westco, I'm gonna need it right away.

I'll be writing up a ride report with all the details, but I want to say the both Bob and Steve road their asses off to get this ride done. Considering this was their first endeavour into LDR, you would have never guessed it based on their performance.

Ric-in-sac you missed out M8. The weather was near perfect for the task at hand.

Had a little fun on the way home as well with a spanking brand new black Lamborghini. Afterward he pulled along side me a gave me a wave, I believe out of respect for this fully loaded bagger with a top box that packs a punch. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, guys! Sorry I didn't get a chance to ride a bit with y'all. Look forward to your write up, Ian.
TWN - We hit Mission Santa Barbara in your hood at 10:48pm. I brought up contacting you to Bob who replyed that it was WAY past your bedtime. :D

Hal, thanks for the report.Sky, ToeCutter and BlueStreek, congratulations on a tough ride. Also hope IBA certifies it as the INITIAL SS1K done in CA. You guys are standard setters. Congrats again. Sorry I could not see the end but glad Patrick certified the finish. I was out Clamping with E Clampus Vitus our in Blythe CA.

Get some well deserved rest and ride home safely, of course.
Turbo, what a ride!! Highly recommend for damn good practice run before a one day rally. Never thought about being the first in CA for the newly sanctioned IBA SS1K ride, anyone know if this has fallen yet?

Check out the final stats on the GPS. A total of 30 stops for missions,gas and neccesarry reciepts for the IBA. Traffic/stop lights/accidents etc was time consuming in places which would explain the total stop time of 5hrs12min

IMG_1577.jpg

Congrats, guys! Sorry I didn't get a chance to ride a bit with y'all. Look forward to your write up, Ian.
TWN - We hit Mission Santa Barbara in your hood at 10:48pm. I brought up contacting you to Bob who replyed that it was WAY past your bedtime. :D

He would have been right!

Curious about your GPS readings... The Max Speed was mysteriously erased... :dntknw:

;)

You guys are too tough for me. I can't function that long without sleep. Weather was perfect for the occasion, no doubt about that. Great job guys! :clapping:

You guys are too tough for me. I can't function that long without sleep. Weather was perfect for the occasion, no doubt about that. Great job guys! :clapping:
Who said I didn't sleep? You know that feeling, when it seems that the bike is stopped and the road is coming at you. It's brutal.

I need a GPS to look at. One that gets HBO.

I think the fact that we had a lot of stops made it easier then if there were just a few. Getting off the bike every 45 minutes or so help to keep me more alert and awake.

Congrats guys! Way to make it challenging with all the stops, traffic, and riding in a group. You definately earned this one.