More Images of FJR 1300 AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SilverStreak

fjr_1300ae_025.jpg

fjr_1300ae_026.jpg

fjr_1300ae_012.jpg

fjr_1300ae_032.jpg

fjr_1300ae_023.jpg

Solo 2 mounted to the brake reservoir with velcro

fjr_1300ae_034.jpg

fjr_1300ae_035.jpg

It's about 1-1/2" lower than the factory saddle with the height reduction close to the tank. (I have a short 29-1/2" inseam and it solved most of the height issues). This way the rear part of the saddle remains high while I slide towards the tank when stopping before lowering the landing gear. The saddle itself is firm, which is better than a spongy seat for long rides. I have experience with other Corbin saddles and they are well engineered, well made, and fits perfect. The adjustable frame under the factory saddle is removed when dropping in the Corbin seat. Expensive....but worth every cent.

SilverStreak

i ordered the corbin while down at the honda hoot this year. had it lowered even further than the stock corbin by 3/8 inch. i'm hoping it not too firm with the cut down. the last corbin i had with full cut down never broke in. I wondering if i should have left it at stock corbin height. Havent recieved it yet, so time will tell. 28 inch inseam dosent give me a whole lot of choices. cut down extra firm seat looks a hell of alot better then training wheels.

GreyGoose

i ordered the corbin while down at the honda hoot this year. had it lowered even further than the stock corbin by 3/8 inch. i'm hoping it not too firm with the cut down. the last corbin i had with full cut down never broke in. I wondering if i should have left it at stock corbin height. Havent recieved it yet, so time will tell. 28 inch inseam dosent give me a whole lot of choices. cut down extra firm seat looks a hell of alot better then training wheels.
GreyGoose
You guys might want to contact Tobin O'Conner in York-New Salem, PA. Tobin cuts down factory Hayabusa seats and recovers them in a couple of different materials (with superb custom embroidery patterns if desired) and the end result is actually more comfortable than a gel seat, which is what I took off my Busa when I had the OE seats done by Tobin. If you go to this URL on the Hayabusa owner's website, you'll see dozens of photos of his work on sportbikes; I know he does other types of seats but do not have access to any photos - https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonb...ST;f=49;t=30988

The last I heard, his price was just over $100 per seat - as you know, sportbikes have two small ones. Turnaround time varies with his workload, but mine were done in a week, but that was two years ago and I'm sure his business has grown a lot since then.

Tobin's home telephone number is (717) 792-3708 and his CEL is (717) 424-4037. The above-referenced thread no doubt contains an email address as well.

Ed