More Waiting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
I orfered my first Aerostich 2 piece suit today. No custom colors but I still get to wait 4-6 weeks before I get it. Is this Yamaha thing catching on? I hope not, what happened to "this is Americia and I want it now!" At least I can ride my 04 while I wait.

I orfered my first Aerostich 2 piece suit today. No custom colors but I still get to wait 4-6 weeks before I get it. Is this Yamaha thing catching on?
No, that is the way Aerostitch has worked for years. Just be glad that you didn't wait until April or May to place your order. They sometimes have returns (suits that didn't fit) available but if you want your size in your colors than you have to wait in line for your suit to be built -- and it is worth the wait.

You will like the suit Doug. I love mine. Give me a call if you have any questions. Even if you don't have any questions! :D

Since your on the topic of suits, has anyone had any experience with Olympia motorsports gear made in the U.S. (www.olympiamotorsports.com/) It is outfitted with C.E. armour & supposed to be an up & comer,...any insight would be appreciated B) .....thanks Mike

good stuff has always required a wait.

custom tailored suits to custom built guns and knives. the entire array of quality made products has always required some wait when compared to off-the-rack items. people of discering taste understood that the wait was worth the result.

+1 to Bounce.

Listen to me now and hear me later....the 'Stitch is absofarkinlutely worth the wait. B)

On the other hand for fast service, I ordered a left side engine cover (the part that says Yamaha) from Un. Motors to replace mine that was scratched in a gravel tip over. Will have the part in 10 days-sweet. Good price too, under$60. Now can anybody reccomend a good person/shop to buff out and repaint the left side lid from my 04 hard case?

I orfered my first Aerostich 2 piece suit today. No custom colors but I still get to wait 4-6 weeks before I get it.
Today, I ordered custom made leathers, because nothing off the peg fits me. They are scheduled to take four weeks. I thought that was a long wait, until I read that you are waiting longer for a standard suit.

Jill

Bounce

When I click it sends me to a sex toy company in L>A> CA :blink:

rogerfjrfaster :D

Who did you order your leathers through?
Z Custom leathers of Huntington Beach CA. They were highly recommended by a trusted friend. Her leathers look great and she says they are very comfortable.

Today, I noticed a guy at the dealership wearing Z leathers. He said he owns three suits and loves them.

They're not cheap, but they are very good. Will post a pic when I get mine.

Jill