Most comfortable sportbike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40 is getting close...and I gave in. I now have 5 bikes, got tired of riding the FJR like a sportbike, etc.

Love my '05 FJR - amazing machine.

'07 GSXR 1000 - Basically a track bike, most comfortable of all the sportbikes I looked at. Heavily modded - graves clip-ons made her much more comfortable

'03 KTM 525 MXC supermoto - just stupid! Most holligan machine I've ever owned.

'08 Honda 450F - dirt only

'07 Custom Harley cruiser - when I want to go slow.

Told my wife for my 40th I want a bigger garage, need to slip a Busa or ZX-14 in there.

Warchild - Nice bike!

Anyone have any experience with a K1200S (now K1300s)? They've got shaft-drive and optional sidebags.

I haven't ridden the K-S, but my landlady's bf had one. It's big. Large and not at all small. They're not grossly heavy, but the wheelbase makes it more tour than sport, IMO. I'm a huge fan of the front suspension, though. If it were closer to the Sprint's size it'd be a masterpiece.

The Thunderace was sold in the U.S., in '97. It's a sweet freaking bike, I'd love to have one. It's not every day you see one for sale, though.

As for the original post (if it's still applicable) IMO sport bikes of this vintage make great touring bikes... if you can find a mint survivor. The CBR-600F3 and YZF-600R were both ride-all-day comfortable and limited-by-the-rider fast. The YZF was sold new until -03 or maybe '04 and the CBR-f4i was sold in "touring" spec (with a banana seat that won't attack your ass) in, I think, '03-'06 or so, but Honda and the people selling them used both want too much money for them. They aren't super powerful, but they also don't have caverns in the torque curve. They also will take a large set of soft bags which the new bikes aren't well set up for.

I happen to know where you can get one pretty much like this at a very reasonable price - just contact Warchild....

227226523_aLvnz-L.jpg

Brian R.

Shameless plug for my bud...

A comfortable naked with overnight bag - Got to consider the Ducati Monster S4RS. Comfy seat, about 400# and 130 HP. I ride my FJR on weeklong trips and the Ducati is easily comfy for 250 mile trips. It is a comfy 999.