MotionPro SyncPro is a piece of garbage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of getting that MP syncer. Hmmmm. I might still do it for the challenge, who knows.

Bust - Did you need glasses to read this?

Also I'd assume that the URL you mentioned is NWS. Please be sure to let others know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crash,

Did you have any problem with how high the fluid would rise in the tubes? I tried syncing my MP and after having the same problem you did couldn't sync it because the fluid would rise practically to the top. My idle is set at the recommended 1,000-1,100rpm but I can't figure out what I might be doing wrong. Should I have the rubber tips off all of the TB's when I'm syncing it for the first time? I had them all off when I first started but the RPMs were a bit high due to the extra air getting in through the openings so I put the other three back on.

Any help in getting this done without ordering the Carbtune would be greatly appreciated. I may sell this after I get done and order the carbtune.

I do have an extra unopened syncpro if anyone is interested. The place I ordered it sent me two of them, (charged me for both too :angry2: ). It'll be listed in the FS section soon.

Crash,
Did you have any problem with how high the fluid would rise in the tubes? I tried syncing my MP and after having the same problem you did couldn't sync it because the fluid would rise practically to the top. My idle is set at the recommended 1,000-1,100rpm but I can't figure out what I might be doing wrong. Should I have the rubber tips off all of the TB's when I'm syncing it for the first time? I had them all off when I first started but the RPMs were a bit high due to the extra air getting in through the openings so I put the other three back on.

Any help in getting this done without ordering the Carbtune would be greatly appreciated. I may sell this after I get done and order the carbtune.

I do have an extra unopened syncpro if anyone is interested. The place I ordered it sent me two of them, (charged me for both too :angry2: ). It'll be listed in the FS section soon.

OK now I have to agree that this tool is a piece of crap. I have used it 3 times without a problem. Today I went to calibrate it and it was so out of calibration that I couldn't adjust it to same level. After messing with the damn adjusters I ended up doing the same as Olyfjr stated above. I also ended up sucking most of the fluid into the # one cyclinder. Does anyone know why this would happen all of the sudden? It did worked fine the 3 other times. Does the fluid maybe evaporate or change? I did have it sealed when it wasn't being used. Has anyone tried putting more fluid in it?

Surprising I just synched my TB's today with my Morgan Carbtune. Took much longer to get to the TB's than to adjust them. Carbtune is a really great tool & my good friend who's a certified Honda, Yamaha & Ducati mechanic was very impressed with it. Hg manometers are tools of the past!!!!!
Glad to here this. Just ordered one online for about $116 US.

OK now I have to agree that this tool is a piece of crap. I have used it 3 times without a problem. Today I went to calibrate it and it was so out of calibration that I couldn't adjust it to same level.
Touche. What a pile of crap. I used their Mercury model many times on my '04 and never a problem. Simple as can be AND no friggin' calibration first. I used this new Glycol based once previously. Didn't go nearly as smooth, but did work. Tried again yesterday and forget it...it would NOT even calibrate, so no way to do the TBS. A tool that expensive should work always and easily. POS.

[Edit] My Morgan Carbtune is on the way. Anyone, want a Motion Pro SyncPro cheap? LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Crash,

OK now I have to agree that this tool is a piece of crap. I have used it 3 times without a problem. Today I went to calibrate it and it was so out of calibration that I couldn't adjust it to same level. After messing with the damn adjusters I ended up doing the same as Olyfjr stated above. I also ended up sucking most of the fluid into the # one cyclinder. Does anyone know why this would happen all of the sudden? It did worked fine the 3 other times. Does the fluid maybe evaporate or change? I did have it sealed when it wasn't being used. Has anyone tried putting more fluid in it?
I just TRIED to help a friend of mine synch his yesterday, and had the exact same problem - only the second time I've used this $100 piece of shit. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper.

Another pissed-off MotionPro SyncPro owner here. :angry:

Worked perfectly the first time and was completely impossible to calibrate today. I just put everything back together, came back into the house and ordered a Morgan Carbtune.

Damn!