MotoGP Laguna Seca SPOLIER

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And wasn't that the pass where Rossi went off track and was pretty squirrelly coming back on? He bumped Stoner, and that might be what ticked him off, but I think that when Stoner sees the video of that, even he'll realize that Rossi did more than most mortals could to not whack him.
Great race. The way those guys swapped places during the first few laps was jaw-dropping cool.

And I'm pretty sure it only takes a couple more minutes of flight time for Lorenzo to qualify for a pilot's license. Jeebus.
I agree, I believe that move was what had Stoner up in arms. I'm not sure it doesn't count as short-cutting a chicane on Rossi's part, which should not be a legitimate pass. Nevertheless, once ahead, he could not be denied. Stoner's bike had the power, but no room on this course to exercise it.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end of the day guys, this is what racing used to be like in the good old days of Sheene, Roberts, Mamola, Baker, Hennen. If it gets anything like rough and tumble now they start bleeting. Fair play to Stoner, he did give as good as he got for a while, you always knew who would win the war though eh?

Personally I hope we see more of the same, it was certainly one of the most exciting races I have seen for a while. It seemed to be over in a flash because it was so intense.

Rossi is looking like a genius with his switch to Bridgestone. One thing to consider regarding the idea that this was like racing used to be is that racing used to be with considerably lower top speeds, and considerably lower roll on, and with considerably less braking power. The equipment and safety gear is better today than ever before, but so are the speeds, and speed changes.