Motolight Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR1300

FJR Pilot
Reaction score
After seeing my lights, a few people have mentioned wanting them. I just sent the owner an e-mail to see if she would do a group buy for us. If you are interested, post up!

Motolight Web Site

My bike with motolights installed.

moto_night.jpg

motolight.jpg

moto_close_off.jpg

moto_close_on.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for checking into this...

My better half had them installed on an old BMW a couple of years ago and they were by far the best purchase we ever made for that bike. Yes!! I'd definitely be interested. (particularly if I could get them in caliper mount/black finish, but will accept the brushed or silver if thats the way the group buy has to work.)

best regards

Patrick

Ballpark on money for the lights?....does it come with a wiring harness per say...or do we have to fabricate?....

Ballpark on money for the lights?....does it come with a wiring harness per say...or do we have to fabricate?....
Check their web site for all the prices... as they are different for the different styles available. They are a "bit" pricey, but they are worth it IMO. They do come complete with everything you need... and I do mean everything! I changed the wiring harness some to avoid having them switched... now the come on with my lights.

I am interested, any idea of the price?
I just talked to one of the employees and it looks good for a Group Buy. They are going to discuss the prices and get back to me in a couple of days. To avoid confusion... please avoid sending e-mails to them about the group buy. While I was talking to Dan, two e-mails came in about the buy, so they know we can move a good number of units.

Can we get them installed at the EOM in Sept?
I'm not sure if they are planning to be at the EOM, but I will ask.

I am interested, any idea of the price?
I just talked to one of the employees and it looks good for a Group Buy. They are going to discuss the prices and get back to me in a couple of days. To avoid confusion... please avoid sending e-mails to them about the group buy. While I was talking to Dan, two e-mails came in about the buy, so they know we can move a good number of units.

Can we get them installed at the EOM in Sept?
I'm not sure if they are planning to be at the EOM, but I will ask.
I can not remember they may have given a set away, smthing would know since he helped/ organize the event.

If i am not mistaken they were there doing it last year! :rolleyes:

Kind of pricey though

Marc, count me in. The brushed aluminum works well for me. How did you hook them up to the factory switch? Are you still employing their relay?

I had actually called and talked with Dan earlier today just inquiring about the product. He thinks it feasible with 10 to 12 buyers to get possible a 25% discount. I suggested we might get as much as 30 buyers and maybe that would be worth a 30 to 35% discount. The owner still isn't back from the Americade but we should have something very concrete in about a day.

Marc, I turn it back over to you. Dan will probably call you tommorrow.

yeh, they may be somewhat pricey,

but they work very well and look great.

and honestly they made a big difference on my wife's bike,

sooooo... this was one of the items on my future farkle list.

and, to be sure, some things are worth the money.

Sounds like a winner. "FJR1300", count me in on this group buy. Their website shows they do the installs at the events and to call for a reservation.

Missed out on the PHID group buy, these might do the trick. Count me in if the discount is good.

How did you hook them up to the factory switch? Are you still employing their relay?
I tapped into the right headlight to power the relay. (It was a little tricky because I took a feed from the low beams and the high beams.) Now mind you, that's just to power the relay, the power for the Motolights actually comes from my fuse panel under my seat.

Please, all you thinking about motolights, do some searching for aux. lighting. Motolights allow you to be seen but mounted that low do much of nothing to light up the road in front of you. Dispute the facts if you want but after doing some research the truth be known. Ask LD riders about lighting. They know better than we do. Mirror mount lights offer the best view of the road. 55 watt hellas seem to be the choice most at economy prices. I hace Piaas 1100x's mounted on the mirror bracket. but I don't ride fast and furious at night much so they work for me and look nice. I am not preaching here just trying to pass on info I have aquired over the four years of owning my FJR.

That sounds like the way to go. So it's switched off the ignition. The GB will definately be on. I was throwing around a 35% discount for numbers. Dan said 25% would be a feasible start. So figure a minimum of 25% possibly more depending on the numbers we reach.

Got a set on my bike right now. The fella I bought it from bought em. They seem to put out a decent amount of light mounted low but would do better up higher, though the supplied mounts ain't gonna allow it. The harness and relay are included and are fine but the switch and it's cover suck.

I grabed a lighted marine grade toggle switch from work and mounted it in the right side panel across from the four-way flasher switch, looks good and the light lets you know why everyones flashing their brights at ya :D

:jester: