Motolight Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After looking at all the lighting options,Motolights,PIAA's on front forks via Multi-Kit and the Hella's with FJR mirror brackets for just $90, I'm going with the Hella's! I will let everyone know how they work out when I install them. :)

Where are you getting the Hella's from? I just wanted to save myself the shopping around for the best price. Thanks.
Just around the corner.........

Garauld

Last edited by a moderator:
I've ordered the motolights however I'm pretty much stuck on getting the PHID's to run with them. I'm just waiting for them to finish working on the mirror mount for the 2006 FJR.
IMO (and others may absolutely disagree with me), motolights serve a completely different purpose than Hella/PHIDs. Motolights aren't much use in allowing you to see any better, they light way to close to the bike to be useful that way. Yes, you can see they light up a dark place "under" the headlamp beam, but there's no way you're gonna avoid something that's already that close. However, I think Motolights are actually really good for making the bike more obvious, and that's a good thing[tm]. The Hella/PHID options are for throwing more photons down the road so that your sight line is futher for picking up forest rats and other obstacles sooner.

Anyway, that's just MHO.