Motor cyclist march issue great fjr photo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zorkler

Ave U !!!!
Reaction score
March issue of motor cyclist on page 61 in a metzler roadtec z6 tire add. Really nice photo .Two up they are wearing all black comeing off a 20 degree right had radis curve not sure of the bike year because it looks dark blue to me but i am color blind .

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the same ad, and I think it's an 08 - look at the little starburst logo on the fairing lower, that started in 2008. I think in the pic the factory black is looking "blue" due to camera angle, background light, etc. Although, did they get a blue color across the pond?

I noticed the ad as I'm one on the 5 guys on the Forum that actually like the Z6 tires.

biknflyfisher

It's an 09. It's got black wheels. You can see the same pics in Yamaha's 2009 FJR brochure.

At least the Canadian one I got at the Toronto show.

Same couple, same bike, different angle.

I saw the same ad, and I think it's an 08 - look at the little starburst logo on the fairing lower, that started in 2008. I think in the pic the factory black is looking "blue" due to camera angle, background light, etc. Although, did they get a blue color across the pond?I noticed the ad as I'm one on the 5 guys on the Forum that actually like the Z6 tires.

biknflyfisher
I like the Z6. Got nearly 11000 miles on the factory set. Got a new set in the shop to put on when time permits. Being retired sure don't give me much time to work. :yahoo:

The March issue of RIDER has the same ad on page 9...and on page 13 there's a HJC ad with a Honda ST, and on page 27 there is a Firstgear ad for their Kilimanjaro jacket, with a BMW bagger.

Looks like this whole Sport-Touring thing is catching on.............

KM

Can anyone scan and post? I'm sure advertisers don't mind. I don't get to the bookstore as often as I'd like.

The March issue of RIDER has the same ad on page 9...and on page 13 there's a HJC ad with a Honda ST, and on page 27 there is a Firstgear ad for their Kilimanjaro jacket, with a BMW bagger.

Looks like this whole Sport-Touring thing is catching on.............

KM

Just a comment on the Sport-Touring, seems in the BMW ON February edition rider to rider column a member made point of the mag not supporting that segment very well. The editors note was they are working on it for future months.

I still have to explain the FJR I ride is not a crotch rocket. To me it's the best combination of all except doing the dirt.

ktown

469067773_YB2ei-XL.jpg

Is that a new tire? I don't remember the previous Z6 being named the "Interact".

Bill

It is claimed to be an all new tire with the same tread pattern as the old Z6.
Brochure
Changed my front Z6 today. Was going to change the rear but after measuring tred depth and comparing the new one, it looks like it has half the tred left. That's with 11,000 miles on it. The front needed changing but was not plumb gone yet. I like the Z6.

It is claimed to be an all new tire with the same tread pattern as the old Z6.
Brochure
Changed my front Z6 today. Was going to change the rear but after measuring tred depth and comparing the new one, it looks like it has half the tred left. That's with 11,000 miles on it. The front needed changing but was not plumb gone yet. I like the Z6.
Yes, they are truly good tires.. Mine has around 6,000 miles, and they still look BRAND NEW.

I was thinking about trying some other tires once these wore out, but why mess with perfection? :clapping: