Motorcycle Conspicuity

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you're both right. The person in the $800 suit is less likely to be in an accident but it has very little to do with the visibility of the apparel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear a black Joe Rocket Ballistic in the winter and a silver JR Phoenix jacket in the summer. Also a full leathers that are black/silver/red. (Power ranger theme)

I think you're both right. The person in the $800 suit is less likely to be in an accident but it has very little to do with the visibility of the apparel.
Can 'safety' be purchased? And, for only $800? I admit to not fully understanding the study that was purported to 'prove' the benefits of bright colors -- didn't seem to get that done, imo. But, this is even more "out-there". This would suggest that the safest riders would be Beemer riders -- with their high-buck designer Cordura/Ballistic stuff? Harley riders, too, must be safe with their expensive "branded" biker-wear? Pity the poor, benighted, UJM rider with his discounted equipment/kit. By this measure of safety, a 650 V-Strom rider wearing some no-name textile gear is akin to a rolling accident looking for a place to happen..... :( :p

I think the demographic refered to was the perceived predominance of $800 Aerostitch suit buyers who also take every riding course available, obsess about safety and ride like grannies. The non risk takers if you will. It also helps to leave the price tags on :lol: