Motorcycle Jeans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longrider

Reaction score
Any users and opinions about Dragging jeans vs Gusset jeans. I have used the Draggin and like them, but wonder about the Gusset jeans?

Thanks,

Longrider

I haven't gotten any of Gusset's motorcycle jeans, as last I checked they didn't make them in a "relaxed" fit (read fat ass...)

Otherwise, I do own their normal jeans and love them. They are some of the most comfortable/highest quality jeans I've owned, were relatively inexpensive, and have held up well over time. I made a rant about how great they were a little while after I got them on the forum, and I'm sure a search will turn it up if you want to read more.

Just to add my two cents, I've had a pair of Icon "Standard" jeans for about a year and have been happy with them. Gets a bit warm especially under the Kevlar at the knees, but they're comfortable. No experience with other brands, but thinking of getting a pair of Draggin's in the next month or two. If you go with the Standard's, though, I'd suggest ignoring their advice to get a size bigger than your normal jeans size -- I followed it and ended up exchanging them for my usual size (38W).

Brian

I too have a pair of Draggin Jeans, and while the protection offered by the Kevlar is certainly a BIG step in the right direction, it still does not address the problem of other injuries/damage. Whilst the fabric will likely protect from road rash the risk of impact to your knees and other critical (and lengthy recovery) body parts will remain.

For this reason I've not worn the D Jeans much, in lieu of the Mesh pants with knee, etc protection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have knee armor that attaches to the inside of the Draggin' Jeans with velcro. Forgot where I picked it up because it was many years ago -- Competition Accessories, I think. Anyway, that takes care of the worst of the impact concerns and, since it's velcro, the armor would probably work with any kevlar jeans that had fabric backing the kevlar.

Now that Diamond Gusset offers their jeans with kevlar, I'd probably go that route next time. That little gusset looks like it would relieve just enough pressure in that area to make them more comfy on the bike. The Draggin' Jeans, though, have held up well for many seasons and I often wear them on weekend rides instead of my overpants.

I too have a pair of Draggin Jeans, and while the protection offered by the Kevlar is certainly a BIG step in the right direction, it still does not address the problem of other injuries/damage. Whilst the fabric will likely protect from road rash the risk of impact to your knees and other critical (and lengthy recovery) body parts will remain.For this reason I've not worn the D Jeans much, in lieu of the Mesh pants with knee, etc protection.
Knee armor is an available option with Draggin Jeans.

I have several pairs of the Diamond Gusset jeans and I am completely satisfied with them. The gusset fitting makes all the difference in the world as far as comfort goes....at least in my case. Mine have the Kevlar material in key places and , in our FL heat, they do tend to get a little warm. They are a little pricey, at $100.00 +. but the extra protection against road rash is worth it. If I know I'm in for a little more agressive riding that day, I go for the fully armored pants. With all the craziness around, I probably should never wear anything but the fully armored stuff.

I too have a pair of Draggin Jeans, and while the protection offered by the Kevlar is certainly a BIG step in the right direction, it still does not address the problem of other injuries/damage. Whilst the fabric will likely protect from road rash the risk of impact to your knees and other critical (and lengthy recovery) body parts will remain.For this reason I've not worn the D Jeans much, in lieu of the Mesh pants with knee, etc protection.
Knee armor is an available option with Draggin Jeans.
I have the knee armor, an optional accessory from Draggin Jeans, but that armor would be of very, very limited usefulness since it would move IMHO.

I have the knee armor, an optional accessory from Draggin Jeans, but that armor would be of very, very limited usefulness since it would move IMHO.
Has anybody taken a moderate-to-high speed spill in any of the garments in question? Got pictures?

No comment on either of those pants, but I will say this... IMHO, I'd save my money & buy a good pair of real live motorcycle specific riding pants & not either of these 1/2 assed versions.

Heidi

IMHO, I'd save my money & buy a good pair of real live motorcycle specific riding pants & not either of these 1/2 assed versions.
I think that is good advice. For the record, I have a pair of Draggin Jeans and the good news is that I think they will provide at least twice as much abrasion protection in the seat and knees as regular demin jeans; the bad news is that two times (almost) nothing isn't very much.

...............just remember, they make assless chaps, dude. Scab and bust know all aboot them.

My wife makes me wear those on our "romantic" excursions, Odot.

with handcuffs... :huh:

I have two pair of the ICON jeans, love them both. One pair looks like a standard pair of relaxed fit jeans and have kevlar in the knees. The other pair have "mesh" breathing areas down the inner thigh and up, kevlar also. I know they are not riding leathers but most won't go out wearing leather all the time. These jeans are a good comp., some protection is better than no protection.

Anything that provides you more protection is a good thing in my view. Just wearing jeans is like wearing a do rag....it might look cool but when you in the back of the ambulance with all of your gear cut off because you have skin missing from arsehole to breakfast time I bet you say to yourself "whats cool about this"?

Anything that provides you more protection is a good thing in my view. Just wearing jeans is like wearing a do rag....it might look cool but when you in the back of the ambulance with all of your gear cut off because you have skin missing from arsehole to breakfast time I bet you say to yourself "whats cool about this"?
True that. BTDT.