Motorcycle Magazines/Publications

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most have cheap enough subscriptions that you can try them for a year and then drop the ones you don't like.

I've subscribed to almost all the mags listed in this thread and eventually dropped them when I tire of them.

The one I currently subscribe to that's not listed is "Bike". It's an import from UK and for some reason I find it more entertaining than most.

A lot of it has to do with what type motorcycles interest you and what you enjoy doing with them.

Check 'em out and have fun!

I subsribe to the CandyButtAssociation magazine.

Of course I'm the editor,owner, and prezident!

Send your 525 USD to me, and I'll make you the premier owner of the very first issue? :rolleyes:

Edit - I'm a CW only for street guy, and RacerX for dirt..

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read the article about the Honda 700 too. Not sure if the last line was a compliment to the bike or not;

'It is the motorcycling equivalent of a glass of warm milk and a nap'.

I just read the article about the Honda 700 too. Not sure if the last line was a compliment to the bike or not;
Ha ha, yeah, it's not exactly what I woiuld call a glowing endorsement.

Unless you really are wanting a warm glass of milk and a nap.

When they introduced that bike I thought it would be a good bike for an octogenarian.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unless you would really are wanting a warm glass of milk and a nap.

When they introduced that bike I thought it would be a good bike for an octogenarin.
It's probably a bike I should have looked at considering my relative inexperience but I'm SO glad I got the FJR. I don't use the feejers power on a regular basis but when I need it, I sure like having it. That 700 would have gotten old very fast I think.

Unless you really are wanting a warm glass of milk and a nap.

When they introduced that bike I thought it would be a good bike for an octogenarin.
Yeah, but at that price? That's pretty expensive for what it is. I remember my NT650 wasn't so peppy, and I can't imagine adding bags & plastic.

And like someone said "if you want something slow with poor handling, get a car... at least you'll be warm & dry"

...MCN... Big Sky mentioned "low Production Values" but I'm not sure I understand what that means.
it means it's not a slick-paged mag funded by industry advertisers. it's funded solely by subscriptions and doesn't accept ads. that means it's color-on-heavy-weight-paper instead of on clay-coated slick stock.

and, while most of the slick mags are often only fit to wipe your ass, their slick nature makes then unfit for even that purpose.

...MCN... Big Sky mentioned "low Production Values" but I'm not sure I understand what that means.
it means it's not a slick-paged mag funded by industry advertisers. it's funded solely by subscriptions and doesn't accept ads. that means it's color-on-heavy-weight-paper instead of on clay-coated slick stock.

and, while most of the slick mags are often only fit to wipe your ass, their slick nature makes then unfit for even that purpose.
As soon as I saw the cover, I realized what "low production value" meant!