Mount Sugarloaf in MA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
These are a couple of photos that I took at the top of Mount Sugarloaf off Route 116 in South Deerfield MA last weekend. The whole facility is very nice there, a small winding road to the top leads to a small parking lot that costs you $2.00 unless of course you have some military stickers on the bike and then the guy gives you your two bucks back and lets you park front and center next to his quad :clapping: . It would be a great spot to have a cookout or picnic to break up the riding day.

At the top they have this observation platform with 3 levels.

MichelleandChrisMAMCtrip8-30-08017.jpg

There is also a picnic pavilion and picnic tables to be found around the site.

MichelleandChrisMAMCtrip8-30-08022.jpg

The views in all directions are incredible with the Connecticut River directly below and the

Pioneer Valley and Berkshire Hills in the distance.

MichelleandChrisMAMCtrip8-30-08009.jpg

MichelleandChrisMAMCtrip8-30-08008.jpg

Of course you have the iconic New England village with white steeple church.

MichelleandChrisMAMCtrip8-30-08023.jpg

No photo session would be complete without a picture of the birthday girl and our glorious flag.

MichelleandChrisMAMCtrip8-30-08021.jpg

MichelleandChrisMAMCtrip8-30-08014.jpg

Great area. I've been up there quite a few times. My parents and grandparents used to live in Northampton so I spent quite a few holidays exploring those New England roads. Unfortunately not with the FJR. Now you've got me thinking about getting up there with the bike next summer.

Hiya Axeman. It took me a second look at this post to notice you're from Sag Harbor. I grew up in East Hampton and still have a house there. I still work out there part-time as well. Somehow we have connections from the Hamptons and Mass. I remember reading about the heroic actions of your son and seeing all the flags and tributes along Sunrise and Sag Harbor. You should be very proud.

I haven't brought the FJR out there yet, but if you see an '08 parked at the 7-11 that might be me drinking the monster gulp coffee.

Fantastic photos - Thanks for sharing!! I grew up in Western Mass but never made it to Mt Sugarloaf. I'll be taking the FJR soon after seeing your pictures!

Nice Picts Bro!

I'm planning a solo trip through the Catskills for October - hope to get some great picts while I'm there.

Take Care Axe!

VH

I was just there last Thursday. Been by it before but that was my first trip up. Very beautiful spot for sure.

My brother and I were taking the scenic route to Stratton VT, then lake placid, Montreal, etc. Western MA does have some beautiful roads. We took 116 (I think) to rt 2 west toward N.Adams. Some very entertaining riding and not too much traffic for a weekday.