Mounting 2610 to Tech Mount?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3dogs

Reaction score
I am trying to mount the 2610 to a Tech Mount. Has anyone tried to adapt the plastic locking mounting base (the extra one that comes with the unit) to the plate of the Tech Mount? I took the Garmin mounting base apart and it appears that you could drill holes in it and use 2 screws to mount it to the plate????

Also, is the mount that comes with the Garmin "Motorcycle Kit" all that much better (more secure) than the Garmin mounting base that comes with the 2610????

I have the 2720 which is very similar and uses the same mounts. I mounted the unit on the clutch resavoir using the car mount. I found that while riding, the unit would want to keep pointing down making it impossible to read. I found myself holding it up with my hand. I believe that the garmin motorcycle mount or one of the other after market mounts would prevents this.

I currently have the touratech locking mount on order.

Hope this helps. :cownoy:

I know that you are thinking that the holes don't line up...... If you have 4 large holes that actually do line up but they appear to be too big, you have the correct base plate, but you need the 4 rubber grommet type threaded sleeves. These rubber sleeves fit into the 4 larger holes and they have a threaded brass sleeve inside them. The mounting screws thread into these sleeves and as you tighten, the rubber compresses and forms a tight fit in the holes. This is meant to provide a rubber cushioned type of mounting platform. It works perfectly. I have the 2610 mounted this way using the Garmin motorcycle mount. I have never used any other mount with it so I can't give you any comparisons, but for the $$, I think it is great. It holds it secure, is easily removed, and it includes a direct wire connection if you want to go that route.

You can take a look at the TechMount plate with mouting sleeves here.

TechMounts