Moving the clutch-side switch gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzyRider

esolc oot m'I siht dear nac uoy fI
Reaction score
Just wanted to let folks know that, if you're like me and like the warm fuzzy that the locating pin on the clutch side switch gear gives you then I have the mod for you when installing different length grips! :rolleyes: I installed BMW sport grips and a Vista Cruise tonight. Since you have to slide the clutch-side switch gear towards the outside of the bar (unless you want an unseemly gap between the switch gear and the grip) Warchild's instructions involve dremeling away the plastic locating pin that's part of the switch gear. I took an alternate approach that worked just fine - I measured the distance I needed to move the switch gear once I got the new grips on, took off the switch gear and then drilled a new hole in the bar. In my case it was about 1/4" to the outside of the original hole and the bar is still thick enough there to allow me to match the depth of the original hole without drilling all the way through the bar.

If anyone has any questions on what I did I'll be happy to answer and as always, measure twice and drill once. :D