Moving to NoCAL

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ditbwc

Reaction score
So December 14th I am moving down Sac from Oregon to finish my schooling and such. I was just wondering if anybody knew of some groups that do informal rides and the such in the area and have a website or forum posting them. Thanks.

So December 14th I am moving down Sac from Oregon to finish my schooling and such. I was just wondering if anybody knew of some groups that do informal rides and the such in the area and have a website or forum posting them. Thanks.
Welcome. There are a lot of us in the area you are moving to, and a wealth of great roads to ride. Look in the ride planning and ride reports section for California, and you'll see this is a pretty active area for FJR owners getting together to ride.

Sadly, however, we just lost one of the guys that was an organizer, regular rider, photographer, chronicler and all around great guy. Sorry you won't get to meet Andrew (OrangevaleFJR) -- he was probably our best representative and will be sorely missed.

Welcome. There are a lot of us in the area you are moving to, and a wealth of great roads to ride. Look in the ride planning and ride reports section for California, and you'll see this is a pretty active area for FJR owners getting together to ride.

Sadly, however, we just lost one of the guys that was an organizer, regular rider, photographer, chronicler and all around great guy. Sorry you won't get to meet Andrew (OrangevaleFJR) -- he was probably our best representative and will be sorely missed.
Ah must have missed something what happened to Orangevalefjr? :blink: :blink:

Ah must have missed something what happened to Orangevalefjr? :blink: :blink:
Look here for the thread about Andrew.

I am moving down Sac from Oregon
Do you know what area of Sac you are going to settle in? There are a bunch of us in the Sac area. Most of the rides are posted in the "Ride Planning" page, under California. Once you get here let us know and we'll get something together.

You can also check ST.n (Link)and Pashnit (Link). There are plenty or areas to ride, from the coastal mountains and the coast line itself to the foothills and the Sierra passes, and of course, the Sac River Delta.

Last edited by a moderator:
ditbwc, there's lots and lots of places to ride in northern Ca. as you probally already know. Your trip down to this area should be good because of all the great roads to ride and the FJR riders as mentioned are among the best I've ever had the honor to ride with. Hope to meet up with you some day and don't know if you all ready checked it out but over at Pashnit pronounce pash-in-it, has most all the good roads documented around here. If you join for the 20 dollars a year membership you get even more info and benifits (no association). Hope to ride sometime so be safe and keep the rubber side down. Del, alias Del the pain, Painman. <>< :D

Hope to meet up with you some day and don't know if you all ready checked it out but over at Pashnit pronounce pash-in-it, has most all the good roads documented around here. If you join for the 20 dollars a year membership you get even more info and benifits (no association). Hope to ride sometime so be safe and keep the rubber side down. Del, alias Del the pain, Painman. <>< :D

Ditto. But I'd like to point out, there is no fee to join the discussion forum at Pashnit. The $20 annual fee is only if you subscribe to CA Moto Roads on his website. You can join in the discussion, group rides, Spring and Fall Gatherings at Sopiago anytime you'd like. Tim and Tim ask for donations at the bi-annual gatherings, just to defray some of the cost. Tim (Pashnit) puts on a pretty good BBQ and asks for a $10 donation and for you to bring something. Tim (The Other Tim) owns the campground he is in the process of renovating but he does have a fully working bath house with hot and cold running water so he asks for a $10 donation if you plan on camping for the weekend. If you ask me, thats the best $20 I ever spent on a weekend trip.

I wasn't able to attend the Fall Gathering this year, I had some family commitments to take care of. It also looks like I might not make it to the Spring Gathering next year either as the weekend they have announced as the date is a week before my wedding. Unless some of the kind folks there wanna throw me a bachelor party whilst there, I don't think my finacee is gonna let me out of town.

Ray

So it says their have been five replies but I can't seem to veiw them. Any sugestions?

Just pm'ed you. Hopefully a simple board setup fix (told him to go to Options on the far right of the upper blue bar and change viewing options to "standard"). Guess we'll find out if you can see the replies pretty soon...

I see you FJRob... you know you and Teri need a little ride action!

Mike, can't ride 'til 2008!? I think a little Monterey Bay or even the Santa Cruz Boardwalk would be therapy come mid Dec?

Oh yeah, Ditbwc, your the ride coordinator so make some maps and set some dates. :dribble:

I see you FJRob... you know you and Teri need a little ride action!Mike, can't ride 'til 2008!? I think a little Monterey Bay or even the Santa Cruz Boardwalk would be therapy come mid Dec?

Oh yeah, Ditbwc, your the ride coordinator so make some maps and set some dates. :dribble:
2 of us sent him PMs on how to convert his screen so he can read the posts. Maybe he's too busy with the move to reply.

I see you FJRob... you know you and Teri need a little ride action!Mike, can't ride 'til 2008!? I think a little Monterey Bay or even the Santa Cruz Boardwalk would be therapy come mid Dec?

Hi Brad! you are correct! We could use a little therapy ride. December is just so crazy around here, I don't know if we can get away.

Hi Brad! you are correct! We could use a little therapy ride. December is just so crazy around here, I don't know if we can get away.
[SIZE=12pt]SOLUTION:[/SIZE]

A foothills ride North, lunch in Grass Valley. That way Rob & Terri can join the group for lunch. :yahoo:

Hmmmmm, start in El Dorado Hills, up Salmon Falls Rd, turn North on Hwy 49 through Coloma, cross under I-80 and stay on Hwy 49 to Grass Valley. Depending on what the weather does, it might be clear but cold. Whaddya think??? :unsure:

[SIZE=8pt]Shoot....I might drive to Grass Valley just to see everyone...[/SIZE]

Hey thanks guys for the replies and the PM's I can read the board the right way finaly. sorry I didn't reply but I was busy with getting stuff ready for move and had a few papers due for school. I would love to go on a ride with ya all sometime during Xmas break. As long as it isn't snowing I can ride. As far as me coordinating I don't know if that would be a good idea as the only place I have been in Cali is on I-5 and a bit of 101.

Don't forget the gathering in Los Osos on December 15/16. There is going to be some serious partying going on, followed by a campout in KahunaJawdge's back yard. Details are in the CA thread.

Jill

I like it! :clapping:

Rob what about that burger joint you led us to that one day? I can't remember where we were but I think it was close to home for you.

How about Dec 15th, the Starbucks on Latrobe Rd just off Hwy 50 at 10:00 am for those riding north.

Michael, can you join us in the truck if nothing else? :santasmiley:

BTW ditbwc... we have officially highjacked your thread :gun: , hopefully you can join us.

[SIZE=12pt]SOLUTION:[/SIZE]

A foothills ride North, lunch in Grass Valley. That way Rob & Terri can join the group for lunch. :yahoo:

Hmmmmm, start in El Dorado Hills, up Salmon Falls Rd, turn North on Hwy 49 through Coloma, cross under I-80 and stay on Hwy 49 to Grass Valley. Depending on what the weather does, it might be clear but cold. Whaddya think??? :unsure:

[SIZE=8pt]Shoot....I might drive to Grass Valley just to see everyone...[/SIZE]

I will have to check my calendar at work, I am pretty sure I have to take an all day class at American River College on that day, I will let you know. :angry2: