MT. Washington ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This ride is in one way or another definately on my to-do list, but after reading Bob's answer not this weekend for me.

I agree. Maybe later this year when the tourist all go home. September or early October

Last edited by a moderator:
I concur, bad-ass traffic weekend. The fall would be great, but also beware of leaf-lookers and Bambi will be in da rut and on da move! I'd go anytime as long as the schedule would allow on the homefront.

Sully,
I will be in the area for sure on saturday. Riding along is my wife with her Ninja and a friend of mine with pillion on his FJR-wanna-be Harley. Looking to be in that area around 1. Plans are loose at this point, but if you or others would care to confirm a time and a location, I'd be in for a meet/ride.

CJ
Which route are you taking north? I'll look at the map and perhaps meet you somewhere in so. n.h. to merge in. Are you going up to central NH in general? Wonder what snikr is up to?

Have tickets to Portland SeaDogs baseball game, behind home plate for Friday night plus their own fireworks, which is better than the city's. Will try to keep the $5.00 Sam Adams to a guy minimum :D so I can function for the next morning's ride.

As for the plans, I'll just play it by ear as to the majority rule on this post.

Anyone from the "Northshore" post dovetailing into this ride as well?

Riding along is my wife with her Ninja
Bodyguard? Exchange student? Motorcycle factory rep. from the far east?

So do you get to have someone special on the back as well?

O.k. I'll stop.

Crap. Forgot what I wanted to say.
That'll teach ya..... I'll be going up back roads starting from Rt 13 in Mass crossing over into NH ending up near Lincoln, NH. Is there a particular place you'd care to meet up?

Final post for this thread for me..........will be trying to catch up with Sullie in the morning by phone to see about a possible ride. Otherwise, I hope to start a thread with an actual date/time, ride plan, and other specifics for a ride a little further out to allow more people to make plans. Thanks for everyone's interest, just perhaps a bad choice of days to do the Mt Washington thing. Besides, whose idea was it anyway?!

Hope everyone has a good weekend for the fourth and ride/stay safe!

CJ

Weather was unbelievable! About 95 - 98% of all bikes out on Saturday were H-D's. CJ, our fearless leader lead us on a spirited ride through some great forgotten roads, with Eric on his H-D putting me to shame.

Pictures forthcoming.

p.s. Had a great first time visit at Whitehorse Gear in Conway, NH. Highly recommended.

Sull

Turned out to be a great day! Nice weather, great company and surprisingly little traffic considering the date. Mt Washington was awesome, will try to get some pictures posted as well as try to pin down a possible date for a repeat performance.