Muzzy not so bad after all

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted Muzzy regarding this topic:

I read that the Muzzy full system for the 2006 Yamaha FJR1300(A) was having a problem with the pipe dragging on the early systems. Has this been addressed and taken care of? The performance gains are very attractive and i am looking to add a full exhaust system to my bike. I also understand you have a Power Commander Map for the 2006 FJR and the Muzzy full system. Any inf would be greatly appreciated.

Received this response in 2 hours time:

Mike

12-20-06

Muzzys redesigned the FJR1300 full system for additional ground clearance. The full systems start @ $673.95 and is available for both the 04-05 and the 06 models.To order please call Curt @ 541-385-0706 ext-107,Muzzys pays the ground shipping on retail orders over $200.00. Thank you for contacting Muzzys

Curtis Dorn

Sales & Technical

541-385-0706 ext-107

Hope it's true.

Well, I just got off the phone with Muzzy and it seems that they will at least do the modification to my pipe to prevent it from touching the pavement when cornering. As posted earlier, I had Yoshimura do the modification but thier pipe is a slightly different color and it is still getting a little nicked up. I will have to send it back to Muzzy to have it done which means that I will be without my bike for about a week.

I'm still not real happy with Muzzy, but I am starting to mellow down a little and would consider changing the the thread to maybe something like " Muzzy not so bad after all."

Too those of you who are ordering the full Muzzy system, I am sure you will be happy with it. It does increase HP considerably as shown in the Dyno chart earlier in this thead as well as offering significant weight savings (20-25lbs). Combined with the PCIII it smooths out the power delivery as well. You will notice a 5-6 MPG decrease.

Looking at the Group Buy prices, it seems that the Muzzy 4 into 1 would be the one to buy.