Muzzys 4-2-1 New Revision

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good input. I am ready to purchase the full system from Mr.Walker. Damn, it is expensive! Is the freakin forty dollar fender extender worth it? Dale is saying no fender externder, no warrenty on the ceramic coating. Need some final help here. I will also purchase a foam air filter somewhere. The PCIII will have to wait a few months. One more question, I did not see any ports for the O2 sensor in the holeshot exhaust, is there one? If not, is it OK to disconnect with out the PCIII?

I bought it, pus it helps protect the rad!

Good input. I am ready to purchase the full system from Mr.Walker. Damn, it is expensive! Is the freakin forty dollar fender extender worth it? Dale is saying no fender externder, no warrenty on the ceramic coating. Need some final help here. I will also purchase a foam air filter somewhere. The PCIII will have to wait a few months. One more question, I did not see any ports for the O2 sensor in the holeshot exhaust, is there one? If not, is it OK to disconnect with out the PCIII?
hell, i have a fenda extenda and don't even have a holeshot product installed!

mine's not fastener free on the install ( https://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=35 ) but it's working fine!
Interesting on how you can still see the trail of dirt spray going up the center of the lower cowling in the ad photo. After viewing that photo, I'm feeling any fender extender doesnt add protection to the pipe. It is already protected by the cowlings and radiator.

hell, i have a fenda extenda and don't even have a holeshot product installed!

mine's not fastener free on the install ( https://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=35 ) but it's working fine!
Interesting on how you can still see the trail of dirt spray going up the center of the lower cowling in the ad photo. After viewing that photo, I'm feeling any fender extender doesnt add protection to the pipe. It is already protected by the cowlings and radiator.
Checked out the photo again, the tech is just holding the extenda in place on a dirty bike. I bought the extenda and the install was cake.

Not a big deal Geezer....but others have had problems with the sales staff @ Muzzy's....not just myself....& I think our forum brethren should know what they could potentially be up against if they were to get into a bind with Muzzy's product.....it's Muzzy's loss for their poor attitude towards customer service & satisfaction....& IMHO it looks good on them because of it....
You're absolutely right. The forum needs to understand the problems people have had with Muzzy. I felt obliged to post my experience to be fair to them since they did treat me right. Overall, there seems to be a lot more people complaining about poor customer service than those who have had a good experience. I chose the Muzzy system because it was within my budget. Overall I'd say the quality of the system and the service I received was about what I expected for a low priced system.

I do have a couple of complaints with the system.

1. It is loud. Much louder than I expected.
  2. The flimsy bracket that is supposed to stop the center stand from hitting the swingarm is far too wimpy. I'm going to have to fabricate something stronger before the paint wears off the bottom of the swingarm where the stand is rubbing. Every time I adjust the bracket it just bends up and allows the stand to rub again.
Finally what I have been looking for... how loud the Muzzy is. Looks like I'm sticking with stock for now- muzzy too loud- Holeshot doesn't use stainless. If anyone knows of another full system please chime in!

So why take the risk? I know its weight saving, but our bike are already pretty darn heavy. I really don't think saving 10-20lbs is going to make that big of a difference. Why not just go with Holeshots if you want a full system?
Personally, I have a set of D&D slip ons and I'm quite happy with them. I don't feel the need for a full system, but if I did, I would go with Holeshot. I personally don't want to risk touching down hard parts, or dealing with piss poor customer service.

How did this change your M.P.G.