Mv motored risers and lifting the tank

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rrarthur

Reaction score
Was going to finally pull the trigger on this, but I was wondering if this will interfere with lifting the tank for plug changes or throttle body sync. Any advise or tips will be appreciated.

It does not interfere with lifting the tank .... It is very close (not to the tank but to the bracket as you lift the tank up) but it is not a problem at all ... I have had the tank on and off multiple times since installing mine. The only thing I have ever had to do was pay attention and position the handlebars appropriately ...

No problem at all.. Spent the last few days running electrical for all my LEDs...

Had the tank up multiple times through out the procedures.. It's close, unbolt the tank, start lifting the front of the tank, it'll wiggle past the risers... Shift it a bit then it passes just fine. Cut a 9" 2x4 and place it under the bars to the under belly of the tank... Perfect

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding lifting the fuel tank:

I found that the chunk of 2x4 often interfered with working in that area, and could also possibly be inadvertently dislodged, so now I use a strong, soft length of braided rope, looped over the tank's front bolt flange, and with the other end secured to a strong attachment point at the rear, such as the cross bar of the passenger grip, or my luggage rack. I only use the 9" wood prop to hold the tank up while I secure the rope tie.

I also use an old sweatshirt, with the sleeves cut off and held on the tank with a couple of magnets, as a finish protector. (the sleeves make excellent muffler protectors.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that is correct... I was only doing wiring... Otherwise I prefer to remove the tank all together... For another min of work to disconnect it.. Why the hell not