My 05 FJR vs. HD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I like all the bikes I have and had. I can't believe there is such a thing as a bad bike. My Harley has only given me smiles. Each bike has it's purpose, but mostly to have fun with. My FJR was a whale on the highway until I dialed the suspension in. Now it's smooth and silky, yet sharp and crisp. Now if I can get rid of that front wheel wobble when slowing down from 35-45mph with no hands on the bars. Don't feel any symptoms even with hands lightly on the bars. Take hands off and SHAKE,SHAKE,SHAKE. Still like the bike though.

But hell, everything breaks down sooner or later. Shit wears out, worms out, drops off, leaks out, sucks in, makes a noise, causes a vibration, WTF. Thats part of it.
Remember this is the FJR forum, and we really don't give a shit about your friends HD. That's his problem, not yours or ours.
And here I thought this was a high class kind of forum...

Shit shouldn't wear out on a BRAND NEW bike...that is NOT part of it.

Of course unless he meant a new 1908...

hd38530g.jpg

A buddy of mine has one also and we swapped them for a good 50 miles on our way back from Americade this summer. I noticed that I tended to creep up in speed without noticing it as easily on his probably due to the lower frequency vibrations. Also, there is no way you could fit a set of highway pegs onto his and be comfortable - the tupperware locks your legs into a single bent position. That is one reason why I got rid of my R1100RT a few years back. My legs cramped up too easily with no other placement options.