My accessories are killin' me!. Recommendations ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on the TCX X-Five for Quality/Comfort/Protection/Value.

Great for all weather except dead of summer (Goretex lined). Other than a slight bit of ski boot rigidness when stepping heel to toe, they are comfortable.

I just got a pair of Alpinestars WebGoreTex touring boots last month. IIRC I paid $300. Since there was almost constant snow here around Calgary this spring, I wore them around the house making vroom-vroom sounds to keep from going fully insane. :dribble: So I managed to get them broken in.

They fit great and seem pretty easy to walk around in. They are a pretty simple looking boot too, without all the buckles and clips and technical bits that many boots have that appeal to the motocrosser or racer.

Ian

i second that! Very happy with the Web GT boots. I have worn them down to low 20's (that's °F) and toes were warm; also stay dry in those summer thunderstorms.

I recently bought a pair of Gaerne G-Adventure Boots

GRN-GADV.jpg

from atomicmoto.com for DSing and the FJR. Love them! They fit like a glove right out of the box. I can walk in them with no problems.
Love this idea -
Rog, PM TurboDave, he had a set of boots at DV that looked totally safety functional and comfortable. Not sure who made them.

Got 'em :yahoo: ... but only after trying on many, many pair ! Buying boots is worse than buying helmets, for me anyway.

I got it down to 5 boots after much reading, comparing, and checking reviews. Alpinestars WebGoreTex, Alpinestars Roam WP, Tourmaster Solution, TCX-X5 and Gaerne G-Altus Road Boots.

1st stop Cycle Gear, then Carmichael Honda MotorSports, Good Times Kawasaki, Capital Yamaha, Suicycle, A/S BMW ..... and back to Cycle Gear :rolleyes: -- should have stayed there in the first place. I wanted to actually try the boots on to avoid the internet/send 'em back possibility. The second store visit made me realize I've gained a boot size (43 to 44), that solves a big problem with my existing boots :lol:

The Gaerne were top of my list. Ha ! Good luck finding a pair of those to try on. Too bad. The TCX ? same thing, could not find a pair locally (this is where someone now comes along to tell me where I should have gone, --- well -- :p .. I could list the boots that don't work for me but why bother. Wouldn't do any good huh? Different makers, different fits for different styles --- incredible!

Alpinestars WebGoreTex -- I'm done :yahoo:

Thanks for the help ya'll. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wearing a pair of Icon ventilated boots for a couple of years now. They're about the most comfortable shoes/boots I have, including my New Balance. Eaay off and on with velcro strips and don't look out of place just being worn with jeans. :D

Hey Monry !! You should keep that moniker :)

Icon vent boots are cool (pun intended :rolleyes: ) but I wanted full length boots. A kicked up rock on my shin years ago made me opt for full length over my original shorties.