My Datel Installation.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had originally wanted to put my LCD Datel in the high location as shown in post 18. That was the reason I got the LCD with a switchable back light, so I could have the choice of having the light on or off at night. Currently I have a huge PIAA relay and a rats nest of wires in that location on the left side and I've got a switched ignition relay mounted in that space on the right side. I was also concerned about being able to get the LCD meter to mount flush, I didn't want water to get in to that location due to the PCB on the Datel and all the electrical stuff I have in that area. Add to that being in a rush to get my bike back together for EOM and it results in the lower right panel install. I have a few projects for my FJR over the winter that will require total plastic removal so I may relocate the meter then and replace the panel ~$35 (or make a deal with someone that wants a Datel in that location).

High mount is the bomb diggety. But getting it to look clean with the curved surface woiuld be rough. If you mount the red LED model there would be no issues with brightness and glare, based on my experience with that model mounted low. Plus being red it's easy on the night vision.