My first Saddle Sore 1000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndivita

Reaction score
Start from KC 242 am June 22

Finish in KC 850 pm June 22

1058.8 miles round trip

11 stops including the first and the last.

GPS said my moving average was 71.5 mph.

KC to St. Louis to (just west of) Memphis to Little Rock/Fayetteville to KC:

My SS 1000 route

I have all the receipts, the two witness statements, will print off pin point map stop locations and now hope the IBA gods smile upon me.

Cannot say enough good things about my 05 FJR. The bike is almost supernaturally reliable, precise and predictable. Turned 41k on the odo during this trip. You take care of it, it takes care of you. It does what you tell it to do. Not much more you can expect from a machine.

The Scala G4 and iPhone 4s interface worked great all the way around, allowing me to listen to music and check in with family and friends as the day progressed.

If I had it to do over again, I'd go during early spring or in the fall. Heat in Arkansas nearly got me, but the Camelback saved the day. Thank god for Gatorade.

Given my druthers, I'd rather use interstates to get to the good roads and just enjoy the bike and scenery more. But this was something I wanted to be able to say that I'd done. Now I've done it, at age 55 after 20 years of riding and my share of conventional long distance rides.

You IBA guys who do the longer rides and rallies already had my respect but this drove it home for sure. It was quite the mental and physical test for an old guy like me out to pasture. 55 is old, right?

Last edited by a moderator: