My FJR has Antlers now.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either way, the "antennae" have made riding much more pleasant for me. Great rear vision means I have greater safety in traffic and know what my riding companions are doing without haveing to duck and wave my head to see behind. This kind of visibility should be standard on the FJR.

I just joined the club as well, I can't believe I waited this long for my '05, they look a bit funny, but from my new point of view they are an awesome addition... Wasn't too keen on the antlers sticking out so far, which really isn't much but itsdef worth it....

Got mine at Zanotti as well... More then fair price IMO for a priceless piece of security...

Added some to mine as well. Had to remove a set of brand new mirrors... <_<

You have to be careful when getting these on at first. If turned too far in, you can

get a confusing view. Those suckers were picking up not only what was behind me in my lane,

but even the lane further over. Hell, I couldn't tell what lane the cars behind me was in.

Took some adjustment and they are very good. I mean, great views with minimum effort of looking.

When you hear something crazy behind you, You really don't want to be having to lift your elbows

to determine what steering move you should be making...just saying.

And of course, the day after I actually installed mine, then a feller post up about some

mirror mounting extensions which seemingly works good too.

But, I'm good.

I just pulled mine off my 07. Kept smacking cars while I was lane splitting. You don't need blind spot mirrors with the fz1 mirrors. They overlap in their coverage behind you.
This is what freaked me out more than anything when i was riding California... I ended up pulling them in when spiting lanes

I just installed mine here in Hawaii so mosdef no lane splitting for me. The rearview is priceless! I would've paid double what I paid had I known the difference!