My Impressions of the MV Motorrad Bar Riser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoopster3 posted: I went ahead and placed an order for the MV risers tonight for my 16 ES. Looking forward to getting these on and taking some pressure off my wrists.
Installation tip: There is a pair of nuts that get inserted into the riser plate, then the plate is inverted and placed onto the bike. Tape them into their sockets with the flimsiest ScotchTM tape you can find before inverting the plate. The bolts will catch the threads easily and push right through the tape.

That plate makes an incredibly big difference for such a small adjustment.

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Uncle Hud" data-cid="1316613" data-time="1465395705"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'><p><strong class='bbc'>Hoopster3</strong> posted: I went ahead and placed an order for the MV risers tonight for my 16 ES. Looking forward to getting these on and taking some pressure off my wrists.</p></blockquote>

<br />

Installation tip: There is a pair of nuts that get inserted into the riser plate, then the plate is inverted and placed onto the bike. Tape them into their sockets with the flimsiest Scotch<span style='font-size: 10px;'><sup class='bbc'>TM</sup></span> tape you can find before inverting the plate. The bolts will catch the threads easily and push right through the tape.<br />

<br />

That plate makes an incredibly big difference for such a small adjustment.</p></blockquote>

Is this something that someone with limited mechanical skills can install himself? I was thinking of taking it to the dealer...

Just got an email from Creative Cycle Concepts and they are out of stock on the MV risers for the ES models. A new shipment is expected on Friday so I'll have to wait a few extra days to get them.

To their credit, they did upgrade me to Priority shipping.

In my opinion there is no need to take it to the dealer for installation. It is something that can be done by just about anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Start it yourself. If you get stuck, it's not hard to put everything back. Take it one step at a time and I bet you finish without any difficulties. If you can turn a wrench and have a decent toolkit, you can do this.

Hell, I thought wrenches had a right-side-up and upside-down, but I got the MV plate on in an hour. Try it -- with the MV directions and tips/instructions you can find here. Wrestling with the brake/clutch/etc cables takes some effort, but nothing in the installation is complicated.

Installation tip: There is a pair of nuts that get inserted into the riser plate, then the plate is inverted and placed onto the bike. Tape them into their sockets with the flimsiest ScotchTM tape you can find before inverting the plate. The bolts will catch the threads easily and push right through the tape.

My plate came with MV logo tape holding the nuts to the bottom of the plate already...so I guess they must have caught on and just did it for us from the factory.

I just got my Sargent seat...it's been way too windy to ride the last 2 days (figures, right?) But even in the upper position the bars feel higher than with the stock seat...so I may need to make some adjustments. I'll know after I road test it.

My plate came with MV logo tape holding the nuts to the bottom of the plate already...so I guess they must have caught on and just did it for us from the factory.
Mine did too, doesn't mean I was smart enough to leave it on.
rolleyes.gif

Stose85- I did see your video and watched it in its entirety. I think that will help but until I have the parts sitting in front of me it's difficult for me to put into perspective. I may try to enlist the help of a friend and use your video as needed throughout the install. Thank you for doing that!

Stose85- I did see your video and watched it in its entirety. I think that will help but until I have the parts sitting in front of me it's difficult for me to put into perspective. I may try to enlist the help of a friend and use your video as needed throughout the install. Thank you for doing that!
You are very welcome. With most new farkles its about taking your time. If you get stuck, take a step away for an hour and come back to it. I found that the MV's were a pretty simple installation. They are most definitely worth their weight in gold. The ride is much better now. Let me know if you need any help.

I ordered a set on the 13 at about 8pm from Germany and as of now have not heard anything. Yesterday sent an email with authorization/invoice number etc and have not heard anything as of yet.

Not getting off to a good start!

In ordered my MV Risers from Creative Cycle Concepts Sunday nite.

Was sent a tracking number Monday arrived Wed USPS.

Guess all about who you ordered them from Pal.

I ordered from Creative Cycle Concepts for $284.99, which was the total cost factoring in shipping. It also came with a 1" Ram mount. I had it in 4 business days.

I ordered a set on the 13 at about 8pm from Germany and as of now have not heard anything. Yesterday sent an email with authorization/invoice number etc and have not heard anything as of yet.
Not getting off to a good start!
Must just be one that slipped through the cracks. I ordered mine from them Tuesday morning, had them in the USA on Thursday morning. That was pretty good to me. Once here, the pieces fit great, the instructions were good. It was a pretty painless process for me.

Don't give up on them yet, email them again.

Was more interested in Tallyho911's costs as us Canucks have to deal with customs and such as well as exchange rate.

I finally found that ALL correspondence had gone to junk mail.......... Have tracking number now, and delivery has just changed from delivery tomorrow, to delivery on Monday. Not sure until then what additional fees there may be.