My new black and orange V twin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You busted that 600 mile mark yet?

Sure would like to hear a good comparison between this bike and your previous ride!

Sure would like to hear a good comparison between this bike and your previous ride!

Sorry about the double post! Just to excited about the response I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe I hadn't seen this till now.

That's a sweet bike Doug. Congratulations. Avoid the cops on that mamma jamma.

I'm at 1650 miles here's a ride report

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=145808

The KTM and the FZ1 are completely different animals.

My FZ1 had had all the right mods to be able to breath and it was fast! Too fast, to have any fun you were always well above posted speed but it may have been the one of the cheapest bike's to own. Add gas, chg oil and go.

The Katoom is much better at handling the bumpy mountain roads with the awesome suspension (can you say tippy toes) but is really not that fast as it's only 114 hp. At $20.00 a QUART for the swiss oil this is going to be like dating way above my head :rolleyes: . Since I installed the Akrapovic cans the sound is soooo sweet. I will have the local dealer remap it soon as it is jerky just off idle. No fuel gauge, just trip odo's and a low fuel light but it does have a 5 gal tank. The quality of the fasteners and service ability plus a very detailed owners manual provide a nice touch. I found where they have a wire you can unplug under the seat that will change the timing if you have to use regular gas - for 1 tank only. So far I am having a ball as it is just what I was looking for in a bike to handle day/play rides on any road.

Both the FZ1 and the KTM have 320 rotors like the Feejeer and I thought the FZ1 could stop quick but the Brembo's are awesome, if I was younger I would be stoppie king! The ting is who needs brakes with a v twin, just let off the throttle and is slows real fast.

Thanks AJ, I try to avoid all cops (that's getting hard to do in CA.) except you. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks AJ, I try to avoid all cops (that's getting hard to do in CA.) except you. :lol:
Oh for Petey's sake Bugnatr, NEVER - EVER suck up to 'Zilla!

Here I always thought SPU was the biggest Forum Butt Kisser!

ShinyKissass.jpg

Oh for Petey's sake Bugnatr, NEVER - EVER suck up to 'Zilla!

Here I always thought SPU was the biggest Forum Butt Kisser!

ShinyKissass.jpg
But Don, AJ has one of those get out of jail free cards. That makes him my best friend :D