My new ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

64Y80

Reaction score
2013-06-09_08-50-29_939.jpg

I picked it up Friday evening. It's a super glide custom.

Initial impressions: It has a lot of chrome, it shakes a lot, it has a six speed trans, it really has a lot of chrome, it really shakes a lot, it has self cancelling turn signal, did I mention it has a lot of chrome and it shakes a lot. Really it's an absolute hoot to ride, it is so far removed from the FJR that it makes riding a whole new experience.

Congrats.

Is it true that the chrome is self-cleaning? I heard that the shaking keeps the dirt from sticking, so there's more time for riding.

Thanks, I ordered the tiller attachment to do the wife's garden, seen in the background. That's how I got the O.K.

And just think of all the money you'll save on riding gear...oh wait you'll probably need it for chrome cleaner.

Enjoy the new bike.

They're a nice bike. My wife has a SuperGlide and loves it. You will get longer tire life than on the FJR. Get used to scheduling your stops way in advance as Hasrley brakes are no where near as good as FJR. Congrats and enjoy it!

They're a nice bike. My wife has a SuperGlide and loves it. You will get longer tire life than on the FJR. Get used to scheduling your stops way in advance as Hasrley brakes are no where near as good as FJR. Congrats and enjoy it!
Yup, found that out at the first stop, I almost coasted into the intersection. Used my normal FJR lever pressure and the Harley just kept coasting.

Yup, found that out at the first stop, I almost coasted into the intersection. Used my normal FJR lever pressure and the Harley just kept coasting.
You should go ride an older Harley. At least yours has 4 piston calipers. The older bikes were a single piston design! By older this includes up to 2000 model year! They also, until that time had nonsealed wheel bearings that needed repacking every 10k miles! When they finally went to sealed bearings you'd have thought they discovered a new element or something!

Nice bike! Besides the fjr, I have a heritage classic in the barn also. Two different rides for different purposes. I enjoy both and if I had the funds, I would fill the barn! Ride, enjoy, ride enjoy....well, you get the idea....

Nice bike! Besides the fjr, I have a heritage classic in the barn also. Two different rides for different purposes. I enjoy both and if I had the funds, I would fill the barn! Ride, enjoy, ride enjoy....well, you get the idea....
Excellent post.

I have an HD Road King as a stable mate to the FJR. Some people do not get the "Two different rides for different Purposes" part of it, but then again some do.
ok.gif

Excellent post.

I have an HD Road King as a stable mate to the FJR. Some people do not get the "Two different rides for different Purposes" part of it, but then again some do.
ok.gif
I know what you mean, I've never met a bike I didn't like.

Nice bike, my wife rides an '06 version of the bike, first year of the 6 speed transmission. Windex works well on all the chrome.

Nice bike, my wife rides an '06 version of the bike, first year of the 6 speed transmission. Windex works well on all the chrome.
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Just spent a half day and a six pack cleaning and polishing. Karate Kid style, wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off,.......ad infinitum.