My New Russell Is Here!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fine if you've got arms like an ape. But what does one do if, even with risers and a setback on the bars, you're still nuts to the tank? Doesn't look like that seat style would accomodate me. Maybe the Corbin close or does Russell allow for that? As comfy as that seat looks, I just don't see how that style would work for me without moving the bars back even further than the D&D's have.

You know.......to my expert eye, that seat looks like its set-up for a guy with a big ass and a little willy. ;)
:D
Ahhhh, the expert on male anatomy has checked in... I bet you sing show tunes when you're online and have a piccie of Cher or Bette as your wallpaper, too...

:****: ;) :D :p :haha:

looks very nice! did you have to send in your stock seat? what was the total time from order to receipt?
Yes I had to send my a stock seat. I called them I think it was the first week in Aug. They gave me a sept. 13 build date. I sent them my stocker about 10 days before the build date. Mine was build right on time, but I have seen others waiting weeks after the build date... I received it sept 20th. The workmanship is top notch, I am hoping to be able to do 700-1000 days with comfort.. We will see... :rolleyes:

thank you. again, very nice seat. but i would have to pick up another stocker to send in. i can't go that long without a seat. :eek: but man, do i need one bad. i'm about to ride home to ca from chicagoland next week on the stocker and my butt's pissed.

ok what was the specks you sent in for your seat i.e rider size and what did he soak ya for it ???
I'm 6'3" 210lbs. 35" inseam with a 38" waist. Cost was $479.45
I like the price.

Start to finish what was the total number of days from ship_to_Russell to return_to_your_house?

ok what was the specks you sent in for your seat i.e rider size and what did he soak ya for it ???
I'm 6'3" 210lbs. 35" inseam with a 38" waist. Cost was $479.45
I like the price.

Start to finish what was the total number of days from ship_to_Russell to return_to_your_house?
Chuckh, I shipped a stock seat to Russell Sept. 1. They received it on the 8th. My build date was the 13th, and they were right on the money. It was shipped back to me on the 14th, I received it on the 20th. There is a gal there named Katie, she took my order. Also when I first ordered it, she told me they had a 2 week block where no orders were put on there work plan. This was to help them catch up. She said they were several weeks behind. Well it worked for me, mine was build before my build date...I rode with it today, only 400 miles but I have to say it felt very good. I think with a little breakin time it will be great.. ;) smitty