My new Silver Streak

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjskach

Reaction score
Just picked up my new ride (06 FJR1300AE) from forum member cruppelt. Love it, and I thought I loved my K75RT BMW.

Congrats on the purchase Chris!

Take a look at the PNW section and head on down to Tech Day in April... :)

--G

Definitely, love the acceleration. Also am enjoying the paddle shift of the AE. I have lots of traffic during my commute and not having to to clutch or put it in neutral when stopped is also nice.

Chris

Nice choice, the AE paddle shifter is nice, I have the same and am a little spoiled not having to hold a clutch at lights. I did have some issues with the shifter actuator, It depends on the bike but I think the first three hundred they built had too week of mounts and they built a kit to reinforce them. Mine actually failed and they had to replace the subframe and actuator. Just something to check out. There are a couple of posts on this site about the issue. Yamaha actually came through for me and did it all under warrenty even though it was way past thier warrenty period. It is a nice ride, it's like you just twist your wrist and you are where you want to be before you know it.

Hi Chris,

I am just very happy you are enjoying the bike; it is very good for me to know it found a great new home. I'll be lurking here for a while anyways, don't hesitate to ask if I can help you with anything.

I also highly recommend going up to Auburn for the Techmeet that George mentioned above, it's lots of fun and you get to meet with some great people.

Thanks from the P.O.!

Hi Chris,

I am just very happy you are enjoying the bike; it is very good for me to know it found a great new home. I'll be lurking here for a while anyways, don't hesitate to ask if I can help you with anything.

I also highly recommend going up to Auburn for the Techmeet that George mentioned above, it's lots of fun and you get to meet with some great people.

Thanks from the P.O.!
Chris,

Glad to hear that your bike is in good hands.

Barry