My new (to me) 09 Raven FJR!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take care of my baby, Jeff! Maybe I should open up an FJR custom modding shop, eh? You all didn't get to see the big grin on Jeff's face after I took him thru the first set of curves and we stopped for the turnaround . . . talk about priceless!

Of course, it sold so fast that now I'm without wheels waiting on my '14 ES to show up!

Enjoy Jeff . . . Dan

Take care of my baby, Jeff! Maybe I should open up an FJR custom modding shop, eh? You all didn't get to see the big grin on Jeff's face after I took him thru the first set of curves and we stopped for the turnaround . . . talk about priceless!
Of course, it sold so fast that now I'm without wheels waiting on my '14 ES to show up!

Enjoy Jeff . . . Dan
I have first dibs when you decide to get rid of the 2014.
exhappysmiley.png
Call me in a few years when your ready and have it all farkled out.

Very jealous,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
nice machine....congrats! Best of luck with the 09! Best of luck with the 14!

Wow, very nice and well kept! Definitely a good owner to buy from. Mine was a mess, took hours to clean up but worth it in the end. I find keeping a bike like that will also keep you aware of any safety issues that may arise.

Great buy, Congrats!

Very sharp looking bike. The rear case has to match for a bike to look good. I think you'll quickly come to love the rear case and wonder how you ever got along with one.

What kind of support for the Givi rack are you getting? I have the same one as you but no support. And is it required?JT
We're getting these from Garauld https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/154924-gen23-subframe-stiffy-kit-by-garauld/?hl=stiffy, me for my 2014 ES that should be arriving soon and Jeff for the 09 he bought from me! I actually have mine already, along with a whole bunch of other farkles I'm looking forward to installing.

I had the Givi bag mounted all the time when I rode, but was very careful to not overload it. I think Garaud's stiffy is cheap insurance and I really like his work.

What kind of support for the Givi rack are you getting? I have the same one as you but no support. And is it required?JT
We're getting these from Garauld https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/154924-gen23-subframe-stiffy-kit-by-garauld/?hl=stiffy, me for my 2014 ES that should be arriving soon and Jeff for the 09 he bought from me! I actually have mine already, along with a whole bunch of other farkles I'm looking forward to installing.

I had the Givi bag mounted all the time when I rode, but was very careful to not overload it. I think Garaud's stiffy is cheap insurance and I really like his work.
Hey Dan,

Yes, I have contacted Garauld about the support for the Givi. I just have not yet sent him the $$, but I will.

Too many other things higher on the list. Installed new Batter & tender, installed FJR/Yam reflective decals on rear of side cases, & a few other things.

Need a new tankbag, and Throttlemiesters.

I DO LOVE this bike!!!!

Lots of nice comments about the bike, here and elsewhere. Quite a head turner.

I do want to get together & do the install on the supports.

When is the '14 set to arrive? I bet you cant wait to get to farkling & riding!!

Post pics as soon as you get it.

Jeff

Hey Dan,

Yes, I have contacted Garauld about the support for the Givi. I just have not yet sent him the $$, but I will.

Too many other things higher on the list. Installed new Batter & tender, installed FJR/Yam reflective decals on rear of side cases, & a few other things.

Need a new tankbag, and Throttlemiesters.

I DO LOVE this bike!!!!

Lots of nice comments about the bike, here and elsewhere. Quite a head turner.

I do want to get together & do the install on the supports.

When is the '14 set to arrive? I bet you cant wait to get to farkling & riding!!

Post pics as soon as you get it.

Jeff
Hey man, better get that bracket soon, my bike came off the boat today and is shipping up to Sac hopefully as we speak . . . hoping to take delivery by Thu or earlier! Gonna want to get that stiffy installed asap as other farkles will be in the way if I don't do that first, so better get Garauld to work making one up for ya! I'll post the "before" pic once I've got in in my hot hands! (it does have heated grips, you know
rolleyes.gif
)

FINALLY!!! . . . My replacement is home . . . consider this the "before" pic . . .
rolleyes.gif
. . . with some rain coming the next couple of days, looks like I'll be installing a bunch of these farkles I've accumulated . . . after that, the race to 600 is on!

IMAG1001.jpg