My version of the Smuggler for me 07A (Or any)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like also, but at 6'4" I'm sitting all the way back do you find that it pushes at your tail bone?

I like also, but at 6'4" I'm sitting all the way back do you find that it pushes at your tail bone?
Panman,

The way I strap it to my pillion seat (with bungees) it gives just enough if I choose to sit far back against it that it is not uncomfortable.

WW

WW that looks fantastic. I too have had an itch for the Corbin but will not spend that much money. The axio looks like a good alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see any way that one of those would fit a 1st gen, unless you mounted it on top of the rear rack, which is contrary to the whole point of a smuggler like bag. The rear edge of the drivers seat is only ~ 12" from where the leading edge of the luggage rack sticks up in the back. This true for both the stock mini-rack and the Givi metal trunk mount rack.

Bummer. I'd like to have something to put in the rear seat area when riding solo. The tour pack is just too bulbous.

I don't see any way that one of those would fit a 1st gen, unless you mounted it on top of the rear rack, which is contrary to the whole point of a smuggler like bag. The rear edge of the drivers seat is only ~ 12" from where the leading edge of the luggage rack sticks up in the back. This true for both the stock mini-rack and the Givi metal trunk mount rack.
Bummer. I'd like to have something to put in the rear seat area when riding solo. The tour pack is just too bulbous.

I gotta disagree. I just picked up an Axio tail bag from Cycle Gear (excellent return policy in case I didn't like it) and mounted it to my Givi rack on the '05. I always hated the way the empty rack looked and I'm very happy with its new cover. Adds alota style!!

I gotta disagree. I just picked up an Axio tail bag from Cycle Gear (excellent return policy in case I didn't like it) and mounted it to my Givi rack on the '05. I always hated the way the empty rack looked and I'm very happy with its new cover. Adds alota style!!
I was wondering how it looked mounted on the tail. Can you post some pics of it mounted?

Ya know? I've never posted a pic and I guess its time to learn. I'll make that my priority this weekend and post some pics. I know, quit talkin about it ...

Ok, got it to work a couple of times in the test area so here goes:

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

I'm not sure I know what I'm doing so I hope my luck holds up here.

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

The last two shots show the fastening to the rack. I do the back first with a sort of a down, up and around like a full nelson around that squared off latch tab. The front goes under the seat for security and it makes the sides come down and look like its supposed to be there. I don't really think the pics do it justice as I am really happy with the outcome. A lot better than a naked GIVI rack IMO.

Happy dog, you must be a a man with a small inseam. Other than the dynamic seat, that bag looks great. Off to hunt for some deals on the axio.

I love that seat!! Got it on a ride in at Corbin. They took care of every whim my wife and I had. Took all day. Easy to go 8 hours in the saddle. By then the beer o meter alarm goes off.

Thanks for posting the pics. I like the way that works on the GIVI rack. I think I'll get a plain black one and paint (or have it painted) to match the '05 Bass Boat Galaxy Blue, inspead of the Phaux Carpet Fiber. But I sure wish it would fit in place of the passenger seat. That would be tres cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what I was thinking so I ordered both. The black one was fugly--flat black and it looked like it had a big run in it. So I took the smooth one and now its not an emergency to get it painted.

Your bike looks beautiful. I have an '06. I am interested in looking into a similar seat bag and I also noticed the Remus exhaust. Would you be so kind as to tell me which model of the hard bag you have because I went onto their website and couldn't find it. I am also curious about which Remus cans you installed. I was under the impression that they were made for BMWs only and are you happy with them.

Your bike looks beautiful. I have an '06. I am interested in looking into a similar seat bag and I also noticed the Remus exhaust. Would you be so kind as to tell me which model of the hard bag you have because I went onto their website and couldn't find it. I am also curious about which Remus cans you installed. I was under the impression that they were made for BMWs only and are you happy with them.
Sparky2,

Here is the direct link for the Axio:

https://www.axio-usa.com/tailbag_silver.html

As far as the Remus Hexacones go... MORE THAN SATISFIED!!

I'd buy them again.

Remus makes a few different applications for the FJR.

WW