• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

My Wifes ASS Hurts :( And Mine :)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schupperts

Reaction score
Ready to (Need to) find a used front and rear seat set for a Gen II. Seargent, Russell or Corbin would be great. Wish I had funds for new but, well you know. Any condition will be considered. Thanks for looking.

If you're looking for a custom seat (Russell, etc.) then buying used won't do much good. All the benefits are because they're built to measure.

You just have to suck it up and go for the Russell. OEM seat wasn't even an option for us after an hour on the bike, we were DONE! The Corbin was much better but after a day long ride, we were BOTH ready to get the hell off the bike. The good thing was we could get on it the next morning and start the whole process over.

That got real old.

Never thought I'd buy one of those goofy looking Russells....NEVER.

We have one from the October Group Buy now and BOTH of us are is ass comfort heaven. I never thought a bike seat could be so nice. The FJR is a completely different bike now. Better than ever.

DO IT!!

Each ass is different - I like my corbin and so does my ass. <_<

corbin4_small.jpg

I have a slightly used Sargent front and rear that I would consider parting with. The driver's seat was customized by a local seat shop (Mr. Ed's moto) with honeycomb material developed for wheelchair bound folks (it's the same stuff Spencer seats have). The driver's seat also has a top layer of soft memory foam and is cut for a 6'1" guy with a 33" inseam. Great pocket and good comfort but not as good as my Russell seat. Passenger seat is stock Sargent. I will take $300 delivered and your stock seat in trade. pm me your email for pictures if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
You just have to suck it up and go for the Russell. OEM seat wasn't even an option for us after an hour on the bike, we were DONE! The Corbin was much better but after a day long ride, we were BOTH ready to get the hell off the bike. The good thing was we could get on it the next morning and start the whole process over.

That got real old.

Never thought I'd buy one of those goofy looking Russells....NEVER.

We have one from the October Group Buy now and BOTH of us are is ass comfort heaven. I never thought a bike seat could be so nice. The FJR is a completely different bike now. Better than ever.

DO IT!!
+1 Stock seats suck! 300 miles and the pain begins. The Russell Day Long makes the seat a "Non Issue"

I was lucky and got one used that works for me (And the wife)... Am currently shopping for one for my

BMW F650gs Dakar.They are worth every penny you spend.

I have a slightly used Sargent front and rear that I would consider parting with. The driver's seat was customized by a local seat shop (Mr. Ed's moto) with honeycomb material developed for wheelchair bound folks (it's the same stuff Spencer seats have). The driver's seat also has a top layer of soft memory foam and is cut for a 6'1" guy with a 33" inseam. Great pocket and good comfort but not as good as my Russell seat. Passenger seat is stock Sargent. I will take $300 delivered and your stock seat in trade. pm me your email for pictures if interested.
I'm interested. Please send me photos to [email protected]

You're doing it wrong if your wife's ass hurts...

...I have no other advice for you, except maybe turn her over first?

Hope this helps.