My wife's driving me nuts -

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll trade you my 2000 Sienna with 106K, even up, it doesn't beep. :grin:
They're not as much fun as us, but you might try here.

https://www.siennaclub.org/forum/index.php

Zorlac,

You'd have to convince her.

We've been married for 28 years - and there's no convincing. Good Luck. :glare:

Thanks for the link - it never even dawned on me to look for a Sienna forum. After all, it's a MINIVAN !! :D

I have an '07 Sienna (no it doesn't beep) but had to check out the link.

I now have a list of farkles for the friggin van!

Looks a lot like the list for the bike, HID's, spoiler, TRD SUPERCHARGER, 5-speed transmission, suspension :yahoo:

But....

The one thing I don't see is anyone asking how to add luggage. :rolleyes:

Chris

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and thoughts - but, IT STILL EFFING BEEPS!!!!

She thinks it's because I had to hit the brakes hard while moving about 10 mph - a sudden stop.

So - I'm gonna record that sucker tomorrow night when I have the time (and access to the van) and post it up.

Dang, Hal, sorry your going through all this but it is quite simple really. Open the hood, you have a RoadRunner stuck in there....sure the car didn't come from Acme? Give it back to the dealer to fix, better yet, have your wife tell them to fix it, that freaks them out and they get right on it or else! Good luck and keep us updated. PM. <>< :unsure: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I once had a Grand Cherokee that would do that. It was a warning (the back window, IIRC) but the light was so small I couldn't tell it was a window ajar. It has to be a "purposeful" warning.

That frustrating thing is the "dealer" will be able to tell you what it is and fix it....with you standing there looking (and feeling) foolish. At least....that's how I remember it.

I once had a Grand Cherokee that would do that. It was a warning (the back window, IIRC) but the light was so small I couldn't tell it was a window ajar. It has to be a "purposeful" warning.
That frustrating thing is the "dealer" will be able to tell you what it is and fix it....with you standing there looking (and feeling) foolish. At least....that's how I remember it.
My mother bought a new car about 7 years ago with the newer style of electric window buttons - the kind that you hook a finger under & pull up to close the window, as opposed to the old forward/back type.

She rolled the window down at a drivethru & couldn't figure out how to raise the window, she ended up driving 20 miles across Vegas in 120 degree heat to get to the dealer, thinking the window was broken.

They're probably still laughing...

Driving you nuts?

Well, since it's Halloween:

A pirate walks into a bar. The bartender notices that the pirate has a steering wheel on his pants and says:

"Hey pirate, you have a steering wheel attached to your crotch."

The pirate responds (best said out loud with appropriate pirate sneer, growl, and accent):

"ARRRHHHHRRR, and it's drivin' me nuts."

Good luck with the car.

Seat belt warning? Startup reminder that the passenger airbag is disabled (w/ or w/o live passenger)?

Bill

Way out there but I get that kind of beep out of the DC/AC inverter I keep plugged in under the seat for the kids video stuff.

Could this be that the sensor for the gas cap door is failed or failing and or something to do with the sliding door on the gas cap side of the vehicle. I know our sienna does that if the gas cap cover is open as a warning that you should not open the sliding door on that side.

Stewart

Driving you nuts?
Well, since it's Halloween:

A pirate walks into a bar. The bartender notices that the pirate has a steering wheel on his pants and says:

"Hey pirate, you have a steering wheel attached to your crotch."

The pirate responds (best said out loud with appropriate pirate sneer, growl, and accent):

"ARRRHHHHRRR, and it's drivin' me nuts."
Excellent.

Time to start pulling fuses to isolate what circuit the beep is in. Start with small amp fuses first. When the beep goes away, forget to put the fuse back in. :rolleyes:

Ya know, I never did record it - I need to get that done.

My problem now is that she's used to it - and if it went away, I'd hear about it. The fact that it wasn't there, that is. Hmmm........

I've checked out everything mentioned on this post EXCEPT Stewart's suggestion about the gas filler door sensor. That's next.

And if that ain't it, I'll dig out the digital recorder.

Ya know, I never did record it - I need to get that done.
My problem now is that she's used to it - and if it went away, I'd hear about it. The fact that it wasn't there, that is. Hmmm........

I've checked out everything mentioned on this post EXCEPT Stewart's suggestion about the gas filler door sensor. That's next.

And if that ain't it, I'll dig out the digital recorder.
Damn, this thread is like reading a mystery novel to me. I keep clicking on it to find out what it is! LOL -- hope you find the answer AND POST IT WHEN YOU KNOW!!!!!! :D

My wife has an 06 Sienna as well. Everytime the freaking dealer works on it, they set off the tire pressure sensors... Does she have the nav model(XLE or Limited)? I think it has a maintenance tracking thing that has to be reset by the dealer when they change the oil, etc...

A couple of questions:

Are there any warning lights on when it beeps?

Does it happen everytime or is it intermitant - cold, hot, cold soak, hot soak, parked flat or incline, what accessories are turned on or off.

Is it equipped with Nav?

If it is intermitant, is it location specific - If equipped with Nav could be a proximity alert.

What other accessories are on the vehicle - Parking Sonar?