My wife's feet are HOT!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donaldb

Reaction score
Or at least the bottom of her boots are hot, especially when she touchs the exhaust pipe. I have the little black melted rubber spots on my stainless pipe in the area between rider and passenger pegs. I know I have seen someone who makes the little chrome guards, they are curved to fit contour of the pipe and hose clamps are welded to the back side to clamp around the pipe. Does anyone out there have/use these? if so do they work well? and if so where do I find them? Thanx-bd

Tell her to keep her feet offin ur pipe!

A similar type shield is available in the JP Cycle catalog as well (cheaper price though). But I don't know if these are going to help you with your problem. They are made as a guard for the exhaust pipe, not the muffler. I saw them in a forum (this one maybe) mounted in the area just before the muffler where the rider might touch his boot to the exhaust pipe and leave a mark, but again, not on the muffler.

Sorry MikeYork, I see what you are referring to under topic discription, error on my part---I should have used the term pipe. I have the exhaust/muffler guard from Wildhair, I'm able to keep her rubber boot soles off the muffler area, I just need to put something over the little short exposed pipe between rider and passenger pegs.

I've heard his wife's feet are pretty hot, too!!

Donald, you got our attention.... :D

I've heard his wife's feet are pretty hot, too!!
Donald, you got our attention....  :D
Well, I'm not usually a foot fetishest, butt
nopics.gif

I bought the heat shields from J.C. Whitney. They're in the cruiser section and work just fine for my, er, rather large feet.

Motorcycle Larry is coming out with some in the next 2 to 3 weeks FJR specific. If they're anything like his other products, they will be worth the wait. I bought his peg extenders for the rear pegs, and now my passenger's need the guards.

Anybody got any suggestions on how to get the burnt rubber off the stainless? I have tried polish--wont work! what do you think about using a rubbing compound? I ordered some guards, they should be in prolly later this week or next week. I would like to get these spots off the pipe before I put the guards on if possible. Thanx-bd

Motorcycle Larry is coming out with some in the next 2 to 3 weeks FJR specific. If they're anything like his other products, they will be worth the wait. I bought his peg extenders for the rear pegs, and now my passenger's need the guards.
I have some Motorcycle Larry extenders on order, was wondering what to do about this.

The part I want to protect is right at the transition from header to the muffler, Can't see how the regular heat shields are going to fit there, they would have to be cone shaped.

Any further news on price and availability?

Any other suggestions?

Chris

I have some Motorcycle Larry extenders on order, was wondering what to do about this.

The part I want to protect is right at the transition from header to the muffler, Can't see how the regular heat shields are going to fit there, they would have to be cone shaped.

Any further news on price and availability?

Any other suggestions?

Chris
My muffler guards I got from Wildhair cover the muffler area pretty well even w/the extensions. See attached pic below--there's just not enough room for her heel to get onto the "cone" area--I dont think, we shall see!! they worked pretty well w/no problems on the maiden voyage after adding the muffler guards ;)

63828574-M1.jpg