My Wilbers Are In

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radman

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
Just talked to Klaus, my stuff is in, ordered on the 9th. He expects to get it out this week. Much quicker than the first buy, to be sure. Rad be happy. :D

Just talked to Klaus, my stuff is in, ordered on the 9th. He expects to get it out this week. Much quicker than the first buy, to be sure. Rad be happy. :D
Um, k. What, you gonna mount that puppy on your snow blower? BWAAAAAAAAA!

Just talked to Klaus, my stuff is in, ordered on the 9th.  He expects to get it out this week.  Much quicker than the first buy, to be sure.  Rad be happy.  :D
Gulp, me be happy too, since I also ordered mine toward the end of that first day.

TWN -- by coincidence, my Honda snowblower went in the classifieds around Tahoe today (since I moved to a 1600 foot lower elevation in the fall and what we get can be handled easily enough with a shovel). It's cold now, but rideable. Unfortunately, it's the XX that is all apart and needing a new shock (front sliders now out to local shop for a Race Tech front suspension).

Sure you don't need a snowblower down there in So Cal? I thought I heard that Watts in L.A. got one or two feet a couple years back.

Just talked to Klaus, my stuff is in, ordered on the 9th.  He expects to get it out this week.  Much quicker than the first buy, to be sure.  Rad be happy.  :D
Only blower I need just left. She asked that ya be at the airport on time for a change and have dinner ready...... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just talked to Klaus, my stuff is in, ordered on the 9th.
So which model/options did you get?
Straight up 640, if the stockers a Biscayne, I'll have a BelAir........ :D Oh, and the springs, specially set up just for me. With steel and stuff like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, they are coming in around the time he said they would. I ordered mine the second day of the group buy, so hopefully I will be getting a call about my 640 with the remote preload soon too! B)

Has anyone received notice that their Wilbers have been shipped? I don't want to bug Klaus about it because I am sure he is very busy but if mine don't get shipped next week then I am going to have to call him and change my shipping address.

I have not, Klaus only said that he had gotten my stuff in. He said it would get shiiped this week, I got the feeling it would be late this week. Call him, thats why they list their phone number........... ;)

I have not, Klaus only said that he had gotten my stuff in.  He said it would get shiiped this week, I got the feeling it would be late this week.  Call him, thats why they list their phone number........... ;)
My logic on calling him (or not calling him) is that whatever time he spends talking to us is that much less time he has to box and ship the shocks. I think it would be better for just one person from this forum to talk to him and let the rest of us know what is going on.

I ordered mine the start of the second week so it looks like mine should be in around the middle of February. Very good as I'm Jonesing to ride something (no snow and damn rainy weather), the FJR or my Pro-X2 (snowmobile).

Tom

I have not, Klaus only said that he had gotten my stuff in.  He said it would get shiiped this week, I got the feeling it would be late this week.  Call him, thats why they list their phone number........... ;)
My logic on calling him (or not calling him) is that whatever time he spends talking to us is that much less time he has to box and ship the shocks. I think it would be better for just one person from this forum to talk to him and let the rest of us know what is going on.
Having thought about this over the weekend, I came to some conclusions. Though we may have gotten a good deal on the stuff, we still spent some healthy dough on this, and have every right to be kept informed on the progress of our order. If one was calling every day and haranguing Klaus that would be one thing. This is not the case. When I called, the phone was answered immediately, I did not get a sense of frustration or the feeling I was "bothering" Klaus. Your call, but I will be calling if I think I need to.

Just talked to Stephen at run-n-lights. He was a bit busy, but allowed that the shocks were in and being prepared for shipping to each of us. Told me that an email would go out to notify me when it shipped.

I'm satisfied. Only called to be sure about shipping. I don't live in the best neighborhood and there is a real concern that anything left where it can be seen might grow legs. One if these days I'm gonna catch some of those legs and shoot them off. :D

After reading some of this info I decided to call because my credit card expired shortly after calling in my order. I gave Klaus my new cc number and he told me they expect to start shipping tomorrow! B)

we still spent some healthy dough on this, and have every right to be kept informed on the progress of our order. 
:eek: Guys you know better! Foget about being informed; forget about "..it being shipped today"; forget about "mine's in and going out shortly"....just close your eyes and wait for it, and wait for it and wait for it! It will get there when it gets there, and all the waiting will be forgotten. Already this buy seems well ahead of the power curve and if history repeats itself over half of you won't install it till the fall anyway! :D