N Ga/Atlanta area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't leave the house until noon; but if you saw a black '08 with an unsteady rider in a silver helmet, that was me. Took it easy as it was my first trip of the season to Suches and I'm still feeling out the bike but still enjoyed myself immensely.

Hope everybody made it through the wet roads and fog soup today.
Yeah, that was me up on 52 in the mountains waving at y'all and honking. I was on my way home, did your loop but in reverse and earlier... it was crap, but I managed to get my PR2's scuffed up and got the bike all dirty too.

We thought that was you.

We pulled over and waited for a while, but you didn't turn around.

We were hoping you would join us.

We all had a great time and everyone came back safely.

Ride report with pics to follow.

Ok, here it is...I'm calling it the Foggy Bottom Boys (and girl) Ride. :unsure:

This is Fort Mountain just after 10:00 am this morning. It was like pea soup, but not nearly as bad as when I came over it a few weeks ago on the Fried Pie Ride.

IMG_0150.jpg

Now, here is Fort Mountain at about 5:00 pm. Can you tell the difference?

IMG_0155.jpg

Here we are at a covered bridge near Helen.

IMG_0151.jpg

I think this is a nice pic of the bikes throught the bridge.

IMG_0154.jpg

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. It was a wonderful day of riding. We saw some beautiful scenery and did a lot of riding. I think Berde did over 400 miles. Thanks to the new Zumo, I found some awsome roads that I have never been on.

Thanks to FalconFan2 and Berde for comming along. Yes, that's right, there is a Falcon fan out there...I think he is the only one...gotta admire his resiliency.

And on a special note, let it be known that Berde cut loose today on Richard Russell Hwy. I think he found his chi on that road.

I'm kinda tired now, it must have been a good day. I bet I'll sleep well tonight.

Sorry I missed this one, Looks like you guys had a good time! Thanks for the report.

JW

Yeah, I was hoping you guys wouldn't stop... sorry about that. For a split second, I considered turning around anyhow. Glad you all had fun, catch ya on the next one.

lots of FJR sightings today. I thought it was yall, at Ga 400 where it ends at the shell station. was a blue and a black with 2 up on both of them. they were behind me but i went to TWO and they turned off. Saw another black FJR at TWO around 130, Loaded down like they were never coming home. Saw a red FJR with a trunk and 2 up around245 in Dahlonega, but they had bags on so i don't think it was the Twisties. Definitely hooking up with yall next time.

A couple in our regular group ride HD's. That's cool, but they invited friends of friends, and had some real, typical HD peddlers. Every stop sign they wanted to stop and smoke and BS, i came to ride, not stop every 5 minutes once the roads dried out. Got to Helen, and they were looking for a bar. Ditched them and by then had really dry roads and hammered it all the way back to TWO, then down 60 then back up and down blood mountain for some real fun. First time on Richard Russel, and it was fun. The feej with the new 2 brothers on it really sounded great. First good trip to the mountains on the bike. Very pleased with how it handles and hey, I didn't crash, so it was a really good day.

Got to hook up with some real riders next time. I might have seen yall and didn't know it. I was on the 07, no bags or trunk, pulled over at every intersection waiting on the two wheeled tractor convention :angry:

Today it was one of the best, if not the best ride ever in the Mts. Like Mr Twisty said, I clocked more than 400 miles today. I think I found my grove in the Richard B. Russel Speedway, sorry I met Hwy. I guess the trooper who saw us did not find our fun in the twisties amusing. I can tell that I am going to sleep like a log tonight. We had an awesome day of riding (all over the place on very nicely paved roads), very nice temperature, and a sunny day. The fog, oh the gog, at one point I could not see Falcon's bike 30 feet in front of me. We did manage to see Nagarider and stop to see if he would turn around. The burgers at TWO hit the hungry spot. Thanks to Mr and Mrs Twisty for the cofee and for such a nice ride. I really enjoyed spending time with you guys. Nice to meet you Falcon Fan, take care of that Black Beast !!!

Berde

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry I met Hwy. I guess the trooper who saws us did not find that amusing. I am going to sleep like a log tonight, that's for sure. Berde
Berde, I think you need to get some rest. The above sentence, if you can call it that, makes no since at all. If you are as tired as I am that is most understandable.

Ya'll missed a good ride.

Great ride report. Sucked having to go into work today but I did get some seat time there and back. However, every piece of twisty road I attemted to take on the way back had sunday drivers all over it. Glad to hear everyone had a great time!

Today it was one of the best, if not the best ride ever in the Mts. Like Mr Twisty said, I clocked more than 400 miles today, and found my mojo in the Richard B. Russel Speedway, I am sorry I met Hwy. I guess the trooper who saws us did not find that amusing. I am going to sleep like a log tonight, that's for sure. I met a very nice guy today who also happen to be a Falcon fan. We had an awesome day of riding (all over the place and very good roads), very nice temp, and a beutifull sunny day, once the fog cleared close to noon. BTW, the burgers at TWO hit the spot. Thanks to Mr and Mrs Twisty for the cofee and for such a nice company. I really enjoy spending time with you guys. Kuddos to Johnny, nice meeting you, and that Black Beast 08 is swwwweeet!
Berde
Are you trying to say you got a performance award? I only saw one LEO the whole day, and he looked like he was on his way back to Dahlonega on hwy 60, for some hot coffee.

Today it was one of the best, if not the best ride ever in the Mts. Like Mr Twisty said, I clocked more than 400 miles today, and found my mojo in the Richard B. Russel Speedway, I am sorry I met Hwy. I guess the trooper who saws us did not find that amusing. I am going to sleep like a log tonight, that's for sure. I met a very nice guy today who also happen to be a Falcon fan. We had an awesome day of riding (all over the place and very good roads), very nice temp, and a beutifull sunny day, once the fog cleared close to noon. BTW, the burgers at TWO hit the spot. Thanks to Mr and Mrs Twisty for the cofee and for such a nice company. I really enjoy spending time with you guys. Kuddos to Johnny, nice meeting you, and that Black Beast 08 is swwwweeet!
Berde
Are you trying to say you got a performance award? I only saw one LEO the whole day, and he looked like he was on his way back to Dahlonega on hwy 60, for some hot coffee.
Nobody got a performance award, but I passed a Super Trooper on Richard Russell while dragging a peg in mid turn. He appeared to be very interrested, but he didn't have a lot of time or anyplace to turn around. Berde was behind me, and I know he was feelin' it too because he was staying right with me. I've never seen Berde ride like that. Something just came over him.

Are you infering I was riding like if I stole it? Let me tell ya, It would be ahelluva patrol car to be able to cath Twisty; Not even Starsky and Hutch or Bufford T. Justice in their peak... He, he, he !!!

Last edited by a moderator: