NAFO, Dates & City Secured!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twowheelnut

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
Listen up folks...

I just signed the contract with the venue for NAFO. Here's the deal so far:

[SIZE=18pt]When: July 24 through July 27, 2008[/SIZE]

Where: Golden, Colorado

The host facility is set, but I'm not going to announce it until WC puts the finishing touches on the website. As last year, you must register for the Event to get the room reservation code. Some of you went and made your own reservations outside of channels and gave us some cause for concern... this year you won't be able to do an end-run unless you enjoy paying more for your rooms. ;)

So, as soon as the website is complete and proofed, you will be able to make your reservations!

Sincerely,

- TWN

Rally Master, NAFO

Admins, please nuke the other announcement threads to avoid further confusion. :blink: Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
And for those playing the home game....yeah there were a few other host sites considered on a very short list....however this is the best one for our growing gathering.

Golden will be a nice choice because it's on the western edge of Denver and makes a ride into the wonderful mountains easy...like a sample ride loop.

Thanks Tim! :yahoo:

And for those playing the home game....yeah there were a few other host sites considered on a very short list....however this is the best one for our growing gathering.
Golden will be a nice choice because it's on the western edge of Denver and makes a ride into the wonderful mountains easy...like a sample ride loop.

Oh sure. Like CO isn't far enough already you have to make it WESTERN Colorado!

But, ehhh... what's a few hunnert miles among friends.

I'm watching the dates and may make this my first cross continental ride if the chips fall right. I'd have to take almost the whole month of July off from work, but hey, that's what summers are for, right? Call this fair warning, I guess...

Alright!! 1200 miles from Portland to Golden. Have to make it a two day trip to get there, but no way am I going through Twin Falls, ID again. Plenty of time for route planning, can't wait. Thanks TWN.

Bill

Remember that WFO is inaugural host of this year's NAFO....and I think it's fair to say that centeral Colorado tends to be on the eastern-most edge of that region. We hope that EOM, CFR, SFO, or one of the other acronyms regional groups take on the challenge of the hosting the next NAFO.....and they can place it where they like. Being decidedly west and north in the country I'll be sure to ride wherever it is held. ;)

Plus, I know that Londonberry is a nice two day ride from Golden (2009 miles). I'll be your ending witness if you want to turn it into a SaddleSore 2000! The folks from Halifax could stop and pick you up on the way. ;)

Erm, Golden is in the Eastern half of Colorado. Competed in any beauty contests, have you?

:lol:

Erm, Golden is in the Eastern half of Colorado. You have competed in any beauty contests, have you?

:lol:

Hey, what the hell do I know? I'm just going by what Iggy said...

Yeah, yeah... that's the ticket.

[edit] just went back and saw he said "western side of Denver", not CO. Hey, isn't Denver a state?

I don't have to say "I'm not smarter than a 5th grader"now do I? :blink:

Thanks for your hard work Tim and Warchild!

going to fill out time off request right now....

It's also home of a certain brewery, hopefully the hotel is within walking (stumbling) distance for those that go on the tour!

Man oh man, I am in like Flynn. BMWMOA Rally from July 17-20 in Gillette, Wyoming; goof off for a few days in Montana; and then head South to NAFO over July 24-27 in Golden, Colorado. Fantastic: Four days with my Old Geezer BMW Friends (I R A COOT!) and then four days with the Young FJR Pups! I don't know if my saddlebags will carry that much Bushmill's!

It's also home of a certain brewery, hopefully the hotel is within walking (stumbling) distance for those that go on the tour!
Coors? Ugh. Life's too short for light beer.

As the event date gets closer it would be great to have stratagized routes and times for riders to link up and ride in as groups from different directions.

Like a thread could be started for riders starting from the north left coast will go through Reno at a certain time then SLC then Golden.

Just an idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts