Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never figured out the picture thing so somebody else can step up.
I'll throw one in for you Ray, name the town. 

IMG_20200311_154537632_zpsefvhihcm.jpg

I have also not been here but I recognize the art (?) piece from research on my 2019 trip. We almost went to this area, but it was one of the places we had to cut. 

I'll give somebody else a chance who may have actually been there, but I'll guess it in a few days if not.

US location

k9nzDV.jpg

A worlds first good event happened in this community. 1955

A worlds first bad event happened in same community. 1961

I hope I havent made this too easy.

-Steve

US location

A worlds first good event happened in this community. 1955

A worlds first bad event happened in same community. 1961

I hope I havent made this too easy.

-Steve
I'll let it pas but some good reads and scary stuff.

I hope this isnt breaking the rules; here’s a Canadian location.

x5HFI2.jpg

Hints tomorrow.

Aug 5 - this rock formation is named after a famous ship.

-Steve

US location -

Hey NAVY, even a NUB should know this!

Canada location -

Forget famous ships, there are dinosaurs also (well, bones at least)  

-Steve

Yep - Froze my ass off during the last week of June but the vistas were unbelievable.

I hope to get a little further north when I venture that way sometime in the next year or two.
“Ice” isnt in the name for show!

That stretch of highway is reason enough to buy heated gear.

-Steve

After our original run to Nakusp I rode up to Valemount and spent the night and the next day I rode down to Big Fork MT via the Ice Field Parkway (93) stopping at Lake Louise. It was over cast and 43 degrees pretty much all the way down to Lk Louise. It finally started warming up away's before I stopped at the Lake and I'm thinking Finally! But my butt got kicked all the way over 93  thru Kootenay Park and down to the Roosville Boarder crossing. I've been wet and cold before but never that cold and wet! I think it took a Double to warm up!

I'm surprised no one has cracked this one, the tower is a give away.

Ive been very lucky with the Icefields Parkway. 6 trips on FJR’s, only one when I couldnt stay warm. The heated grips earned their keep that day. At least we were dry.

-Steve

I don’t see where anyone guessed your first one, which was the Devil Boat in Arco Idaho. Interesting story. 
I’m on vacation (without a motorcycle🙁) so no access to pics. So it’s cool you did a second one. 

Gets confusing with two "live" places - finish off the Canadian location first.  If it isn't drawing interest (like my Twillingate one) give it away as I did.