Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Name these famous falls

L68IzXc.jpg

Falls are not visible from the parking lot

IxTkHz8.jpg

Thought maybe Sandstone Falls but then I Googled around and added another waypoint to my wishlist for a trip 2022 or later. 

I'm going to need less time spent at work and more tire money. 

Not far from Fallingwater, the famous Lloyd Wright home, and also not far from Kentuk Knob nearby another Lloyd Write. The smaller falls are named after a vegetable you might slice and put on a salad.  The Great Allegheny Passage trail from Pittsburgh to Cumberland and Washington DC is right here.  I would tell you the name of the river, but you can't pronounce it Youghiogheny   I might have to organize a ride to acquaint members here to the sights, sounds and curves of Southwest PA.

Tom, I have not been there but have been close. But I will guess from the clues that it is Cascades Water Fall. I picked up my Goldwing in Pittsburgh as a fly and ride. It started snowing so I was riding smooth and easy as directly south as I could that morning. So no exploring that trip.

Ohiopyle SP and Cucumber Falls are now on my poi for our “someday” northeast trip, along with Gettysburg, Flight 93 and Grand Canyon. If I were doing SEOR I might run over to Ohiopyle just because I like the name and then I could color in Pennsylvania on my map😀

Ohiopyle and Cucumber Falls for the win!  All yours.  Ohiopyle area is definitely a worthy area to ride both on and off-road.  Southwest PA has many small windy roads that are not heavily travelled, and we even have our own routes 555 and 666 if you want to include rides to God's Country in Northwest PA.

I used to have family in SW PA (Fredericktown) and got to visit often growing up.  Fond memories of what seemed like a different culture.  Went back a few years ago for memory's sake but this time saw it through the eyes of a motorcyclist.  Wouldn't hesitate at all to go back on a bike if I had the opportunity. 

I'm tied up trying to finish painting a sailboat for a launch in May. Sanding is done, and just hoping for enough warm weather to set the 2-part toxic paint. Sanding is done, Teak is sanded and oiled, still have some electrical work. 

Oh! motorcycles!  Where am I?

tBrwryW.jpg

Winner winner, chicken dinner! Not don't ask me to post a fourth time. 

Ft Point, a room with a view:

oRC7mEl.jpg

Anyone else old enough to recognize these guys?

wm9mARM.jpg

Due to the lack of restrooms...well, you know...Fire at will!

pyZ130f.jpg

GQqPN1y.jpg