Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really busy and the regulars have already taken their shot, but I still want to give that Hooterville clue a little more time for some recognition before I punt this one.

Okay, long enough. This is Alley Spring just outside Eminence, Missouri near Current River. The fantastic road is 106 and has some of the finest sweepers I've been on. 

Here is another easier place, I hope:

And no, I didn't mix up a trip to the beach. This is zoomed in a bit, but is from the back of the bike.

Didn't get that far north into Missouri during our last Arkansas extravaganza.  I'm thinking next time we should take a side trip into MO.  

Surprisingly I just now learned that you are correct in this suspicion. I did not know the great lakes connected to the ocean.
FYI  from the net.  

Located at the westernmost tip of Lake Superior, the Port of Duluth-Superior is North America’s farthest-inland freshwater seaport. A remarkable 9-mile natural breakwater shelters the port’s 49 miles of harbor frontage. Twenty privately owned bulk cargo docks and an award-winning general cargo terminal populate the working waterfront, along with a marine fueling depot, a shipyard with dry docks, multiple tug and barge services, plus an intermodal cargo terminal.

Duluth-Superior is a diversified multimodal shipping hub, offering global cargo transport through the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Seaway, free-flowing major highways and direct Class I rail service to the East, West and Gulf Coast.

Not sure any of these will help, but I'll take a shot...

I know very little about this place. I just remember how hot it was when we rode through it. Wikipedia says it's population is a little more than 4,000 and it has been a resort town for over 100 years.

Two words were photoshopped out of each of the above pictures and the first in both was a direction.

O.K. I don't think this place has been posted yet. Here are 3 photos and a hint:

You probably won't need a "walking stick" to get to the observation area of these falls.

51205730353_e18ebe6a1a_m.jpg

51205522751_3c6ed92b25_m.jpg

51206590125_068f56a16e_m.jpg

From your hint I'm going to guess Cane Creek Falls overlook in Fall Creek Falls State Park, TN. I've been to Fall Creek Falls  twice and it seems I have pics of the taller, but more boring falls and not Cane Creek, but I'll stick with my guess.

Correct!

This is one of my favorite 'short rides', SR30 has some nice sections from Dayton to 284. I take some back roads to get back to Dayton. 

Your turn.

Next place:

This was a great morning of riding and I recommend it heavily. The curve advisory to slow down to 60 mph only adds to the experience, but it's hard to speed in the grandeur of the location.

I'm heading to Barber now to ride the MT10 at the track for level 2 of my California Superbike School, so I may be slow to respond. Woo hoo!

Nope. I don’t remember 191 looking like this, but 128 near Arches looks a LOT like it. But even that is not correct and not the right state even.