Natchez Trace Parkway

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parnellIII

Reaction score
Hey Gang!

I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone riding the beautiful Natchez Trace Pkwy from hwy 100 into franklin, tn, leapers fork area etc.

Found out from park ranger ( who rides bmw's ) that the bicyclist have been complaining to the park police about motorcycles. Some of the bicyclist have been riding side by side instead of follow the leader hoping that motorcycles or cars will cross the double yellow line in sight of park ranger. Who at that point will pull the vehicle over.

The trace is a beautiful leisure ride of low speed limits. There is no bicycle lane for them. I ride a bicycle myself, but not in that area. I would if I lived closer. I also ride nice fjr and bmw. I understand that some of us probly scare the heck out of them but they are on a public road.

Be safe ride on, Mark

Some of the bicyclist have been riding side by side instead of follow the leader hoping that motorcycles or cars will cross the double yellow line in sight of park ranger. Who at that point will pull the vehicle over.
Last time I checked, it was legal to cross a double yellow line in order to pass a bicycle on the roadway.

Just lay on the horn non-stop till they get their ass out of the way. TN state law requires any vehicle traveling 10mph below the speed limit to pull to the side and let other vehicles pass. If a bicyclist is riding in the road as traffic, they have to follow the same laws. I'd point this out to the park ranger, and have them enforce this on the bikes if they are purposefully blocking off a way around without crossing the double yellow.