National Cycle V Stream

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goody

Reaction score
Just installed a National Cycles V Stream windscreen on my '03. Like the protection and quiet that is offers, but I do have one complaint. When going 80-85 I cannot raise the windscreen. I assume that there is too much air pressure against it, as when I slow to 65-70 it goes up no problem. I have noticed that the battery seems a little whimpy lately, turning rather slow if left over a week. Could this be the problem, or is the motor just not up to the task?

Last edited by a moderator:
More likely a question of the mechanism. An '03 that is gummed up and lubrication in the mechanism. They're supposed to be maintenance free, but maybe it needs some grease added. Might put some resistance on it while stopped and see if it sounds or feels like it's binding up any.

Doubt it's the battery itself or you'd have trouble starting it before there would be issues with powering the screen...especially since it's charging. Perhaps a connection issue of the windshield mechanism.

OK, thanks for the reply. I guess what I am wondering is has anyone else had this experience? With the stock screen there was no bumping, grinding or hesitation of any type. Put the larger screen on and it started. Seems to be related to me, was just wondering if others with the V Stream had had a similar result.

I've never heard of that being a general problem. I have the V Stream with spacers on my '03 and haven't experienced anything like that.

I'd listen to Iggy. The only other thing that jumps to mind is that somehow the arms or mechanism got twisted a bit during installation. It would be simple enough to pull it off and reinstall, moving from the center screws outward and making sure the screws are torqued fairly evenly.