Need a source for the real 'Magnum Blasters'

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyway

Reaction score
After checking things over, it appears my magnum blasters are not sounding as loud as they once were. I swung by my local kragen store where I scored my original set, but they replaced them with another type, which don't even look close.

So does anybody know where I can still get the real thing, rated at a whopping 138db?

I'm not interested in a wimpy 129db set, I'm after the real 'man horns' :shock:

There seems to be two camps emerging. Magnum Blasters seem to be harder to find and it's not positive whether the TM80 or Freeway Blasters are the same decibel intensity as the seriously loud 139 rated manhorns.

More recently I've been seeing more of the Nautilus horns.

Just for the record. Magnum Blasters are NOT Nautilus horns. The Magnum is electromechanical and Nautilus is an airhorn complete with it's own little compressor. They're shaped totally differently, the Nautilus appears bigger and more oddly shaped, contains both high and low tones in a single horn. The magnum blasters and variants are either a low tone or high tone and purchased and installed in pairs.

That said, the Nautilus seem to offer the big time decibels we all are looking for and seem to be more available than the Magnum Blasters. But, let's not confuse the two.

It would be nice if somebody said they had them and detailed how the install went...

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be two camps emerging. Magnum Blasters seem to be harder to find and it's not positive whether the TM80 or Freeway Blasters are the same decibel intensity as the seriously loud 139 rated manhorns.

More recently I've been seeing more of the Nautilus horns.

Just for the record. Magnum Blasters are NOT Nautilus horns. The Magnum is electromechanical and Nautilus is an airhorn complete with it's own little compressor. They're shaped totally differently, the Nautilus appears bigger and more oddly shaped, contains both high and low tones in a single horn. The magnum blasters and variants are either a low tone or high tone and purchased and installed in pairs.

That said, the Nautilus seem to offer the big time decibels we all are looking for and seem to be more available than the Magnum Blasters. But, let's not confuse the two.

It would be nice if somebody said they had them and detailed how the install went...
If I could hyper link it would make this a whole lot easier: Go to Install location for Nautilus Horn, located in Parts and Accessories, last entry date was 2-21-05. There you will find what you seek Grasshopper! I may install mine this weekend, I have the horn and FJRandy's harness, all I need now is the time!

If I could hyper link it would make this a whole lot easier: Go to Install location for Nautilus Horn, located in Parts and Accessories, last entry date was 2-21-05. There you will find what you seek Grasshopper! I may install mine this weekend, I have the horn and FJRandy's harness, all I need now is the time!
Huh?!

Hyper-linking is easy-peasy.

CLICKY HERE

FWIW, I ditched the TM-80's for Fiamms on my bike because I like the tone better. They are also physically smaller and stay out of the way better. I think they have a more piercing, European sound and I've never failed to get the attention of the wayward cage that was trying to occupy the space I got to first. The Magnums ended up in my Land Cruiser, where I guess I'll leave them as I'm too cheap to throw away working equipment just to get a better sound. I hope one of them fails soon, they just sound too Detroit for me (not that there's anything wrong with that).

FWIW, I ditched the TM-80's for Fiamms on my bike because I like the tone better. They are also physically smaller and stay out of the way better. I think they have a more piercing, European sound and I've never failed to get the attention of the wayward cage that was trying to occupy the space I got to first. The Magnums ended up in my Land Cruiser, where I guess I'll leave them as I'm too cheap to throw away working equipment just to get a better sound. I hope one of them fails soon, they just sound too Detroit for me (not that there's anything wrong with that).
IMHO A MC sounding like a Fawking Buick is a good thing. Euro sound think $$$ they are the ones going to give up space in a colision. So thats one item of a Buick that can be put to good use. :bleh:

Skyway,

You can get them at www.HornsplusAuto.com...

You can also try blowing out the horn with a little compressed air if they aren't as loud as they once were.... Sometimes you get a little dirt and crud in them that affects the sound quality...

The TM-80's are related to the magnums, but not quite as loud....

Todd

Well today I replaced my eff'ed up magnum blasters with a set of horns from Autozone called Blazers. They are made in Italy and are marked T-80. Smaller than the Magnums, so I'm guessing a little different, but still big in sound.

My bike is now back to loud as all hell status. :blink:

skywayjust saw this thread ,,

I have an extra set of blasters ,,

there yours if you want them !!
Thanks for the offer David, but I'm all good now. :cownoy:

You might want to hang on to them, as their not as easy to come by as they used to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if it is necessary, but I am going to post what the packaging from the original Magnum Blasters looks like. This is an FYI. Hopefully, it may be helpful to some.

MagnumBlasters009.jpg

MagnumBlasters006.jpg