Need advice on FJR I saw today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a question some may be able to answer. When buying a used bike from a dealer do they offer EW's?
https://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/mcy/313282217.html There is my bike. Price is very high I know but i start there and work down. Dealer is offering $3000.

BTW my insurance quotes were as follows:

geico

100/300 Liability

100/300 Uninsured/under insured

$5000 Med payments

Comp $1000 deduct

$233 Yr

$473 Full

Foremost AARP

$300/500 coverages

$379

$540

Bike Line $1 4 0 0 . 0 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Tom,

You should at least ask. When I bought my 2001 Shadow in 2003 I was able to purchase an extended 3 year warranty from my dealer by my dealer (not from Honda). I also opted for my dealers 3 year extended on my FJR. Now I've had nothing but great experiences with my dealer & they treat me like one of the guys from Cheers, that's not not always the case for most people.

I wouldn't trouble yourself to much over the tick, it is a very small percentage that it effects and Yamaha is fixing the tick regardless of warranty position.

I have a VTX1800C that I have ridden 17000 in the last 2 years.

I added my 03 FJR a few weeks ago and although much different, it is a FAR better bike than any cruiser.

Don't get me wrong, things will seem weird and maybe even wrong at first and you will be VERY sore (oddly enough, everything but the butt) after your first few longish rides but, that is just acclimation to the new (dare I say "proper) riding position...it's well worth it.

The FJR, although powerful is not uncontrollable. It is very smooth and predictable

I don't care how powerful the bike is, it is still controlled by your right hand.

I am now seriously considering trading my 03 FJR & the VTX for an 07...I don't see myself riding the VTX much...we'll see.

Yes I just sold my VTX and love the correct riding position now, I used to find myself trying to put my feet on the passenger pegs :D and your old lady won't fall off unless you want her to